Netflix connects people of all ages around the world with stories they will love. Bringing joy to over 208 million households in more than 190 countries, the Fan & Promotion team within Consumer Insights is growing! This team supports key partners including the Editorial Publishing Group at Netflix, whose mission is to build meaningful bonds between fans and content through new direct, personal, and vibrant experiences - operating at the intersections where world-class editorial content meets immersive experiences that put fans at the core.
As the Senior Researcher - Culture and Editorial, you will have the opportunity to join the ground floor of a growing team and lead innovative research with impact on a global scale. You will be responsible for defining, leading, and socializing both high-level strategic and tactical research studies and you'll partner with cross-functional teams and other researchers who are passionate about creating culturally relevant conversations and innovative editorial experiences.
What you will do:
• Identify, prioritize, and lead a research roadmap that inspires fan and editorial strategies
• Partner with cross-functional teams and other Consumer Insights researchers in areas including Content, Marketing, Communications, Product, Design, Data Science, Social, and Brand to proactively develop research initiatives
• Synthesize and socialize global cultural insights to identify future-forward business opportunities
• Define, design, execute and socialize a range of research studies that build a strong understanding of existing and future audiences and their needs
• Immerse in new technologies and guide research that stays ahead of audience needs related to editorial engagement and experiences across platforms (e.g., listening, watching, and reading)
• Identify best practices in existing and emerging culture and foresight methodologies
• Think beyond the status quo and strong ability to use consumer insight to ''look ahead'' and envision what's next
We Are Looking For:
• Demonstrable research experience with culture, fandom, audiences, content, or editorial
• Hands-on experience leading qualitative and quantitative research; a strong balance of creative and analytical skills with the ability to proactively define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
• A passion for translating findings into actionable strategic business recommendations
• Advanced degree in research, social sciences or related field, is preferred, but not required
• Global research experience is highly desired but not required
• Skilled communicator with a track record of successful collaborations
• An eagerness to understand a wide variety of subjects and aspects of culture today including entertainment, politics, technology, and more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke35k-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.