Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service for over 220 million households in more than 190 countries, connecting people worldwide with stories they love. Like our members, we love movies and TV shows and are big believers in the power of the consumer's voice when delivering best-in-class content.
As the Content & Audience Consumer Insights team, we work closely with the Content team to inspire creative decision-making by providing rich insights into audiences and their evolving content tastes. We strive to understand the underlying needs, motivations, and emotions that drive love for our TV shows and movies so we can help Netflix continue to create stories that will excite members around the world.
As a Senior Researcher on this team, you will be able to lead innovative research with an impact on a global scale. This role will lead the development and execution of large-scale quantitative research, evergreen frameworks, industry-leading screening methodologies, and strategic cross-functional initiatives to gain deep insights into creative storytelling principles and audience needs. This is an expansive opportunity for someone who is excited by integrating consumer research, data science, and analytics to deliver an impact on Netflix's content strategy!
What you will do:
• Identify and prioritize high-impact research initiatives; Design, execute, and socialize a range of quantitative studies across content topics (e.g., genre need states, content preferences, storytelling best practices, etc.)
• Leverage large-scale data sets to conduct deep-dive analyses, integrate information (e.g., combining survey & behavioral data), surface new patterns & insights, test hypotheses, develop metrics, and connect findings across genres & content formats.
• Identify forward-looking business opportunities and spearhead innovative methodologies and research initiatives to address those needs proactively.
• Serve as a partner and trusted consultant to cross-functional teams and other Consumer Insights researchers in areas including Content, Data Science, Finance & Strategy, Marketing, and Product.
• Socialize your research and findings throughout the company, making your insights memorable and actionable.
• Extensive quantitative research experience (~7+ years designing and executing research end-to-end)
• Entertainment experience required (TV / Film preferred)
• Strong experience with various survey methodologies and advanced data techniques (e.g., Max Diff, Conjoint, segmentations, statistical analysis, etc.); experience designing and managing large-scale tracking studies preferred
• International research experience preferred
• An analytical mindset; you love digging into data for hidden connections and patterns and know how to balance analytical rigor with pragmatism and actionability
• Experience working with data scientists and analytic engineers preferred
• A phenomenal communicator; strong storytelling skills with experience turning data into actionable insights and socializing across different departments (from content/creative to data scientist to high-level executive)
• An excellent collaborator; able to build strong relationships both within your team and with business partners
• Independent thinker that likes taking the initiative and approaches problem-solving with an innovative mindset; you focus on long-term solutions and making an impact at scale
• Comfortable with ambiguity and thinking through multiple perspectives; stays grounded in the face of change
• A master of prioritization and time management - both the big picture and in terms of your own time
• Advanced degree in research, social sciences, statistics, economics, or related field preferred but not required
• A passionate fan of entertainment!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zjv6-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.