With nearly 200 million members in over 190 countries and a billion hours of streaming each month, Netflix is the world's leading online entertainment company. Netflix continues to shape the future of entertainment by developing personalized ways for members to discover and enjoy a rapidly growing catalog of movie and TV content.
As a Senior Researcher in the Product ML Research team, you will have the opportunity to drive and execute bleeding-edge research in a variety of topics (examples include but are not limited to graph learning, causal inference, next-gen recommender systems) working in close partnership with other researchers in the team, the algorithms engineering team and a wide range of product teams. You will work cross-functionally with engineering and product to prototype, test, and implement your research in order to deliver improvements to the member experience and drive change across the company while also being actively engaged with the outside ML community through publications, organizational activities and academic collaborations.
We are looking for an experienced researcher that can establish and execute a solid research agenda, get others behind their ideas and foster an open environment of collaboration, innovation and intellectual excitement.
What you bring:
• Ample ML research experience, in academia or industry, in fields such as recommendation systems, graph learning, content understanding (NLP, CV), and game theory.
• A history of ideating and leading ambitious research projects inspired by real-world challenges
• Passion for building strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues to tackle big, cross-functional problems
• Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences
• Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive with minimal oversight and process
• We use TensorFlow, Spark, Python, and Scala a lot, so knowing these things helps. However, we do have incredible infrastructure (see here and here) so other technologies are certainly on the table
Netflix's culture is key to our success. We celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams, and we approach inclusion equally seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more about our work, visit our research page.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5y66-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.