Engineering Manager, Rendering
Los Gatos, CA
Are you passionate about doing research on groundbreaking computer vision and graphics algorithms which impact how Netflix produces its growing catalog of original content? We strive to delight our 200+ million members worldwide with high-quality, diverse, and engaging content, meaningful personalized content recommendations, and an optimized user interface. Developing data-driven tools through algorithmic innovation to help our creators in Netflix Studio produce content effectively and efficiently is an important part of that mission.
The Creative Algorithm Engineering team is responsible for algorithmic innovation for the creation of Netflix movies, TV shows, and promotional media assets. We are looking for outstanding research scientists with deep expertise in the intersection of computer vision (CV), computer graphics (CG), and machine learning to research and develop algorithms and models to enhance the tools used by artists in visual effects (VFX), post production, and animation, and help them focus on the more-creative aspects to achieve the output they desire.
As a Research Scientist in the team, here are the types of things you would do:
• Conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and validating algorithmic solutions for variety of problems in the VFX and animation space, pushing forward the state of the art in CG and CV as needed
• Work cross-functionally with engineers, scientists, artists, and product leaders across teams, to help identify and prioritize opportunities and problem requirements
• Define metrics and conduct experiments to evaluate the algorithms in the production systems, in collaboration with our partner teams
• Provide input to the design of our AI platform
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of research experience with a successful track record of delivering quality results and/or academic publications in top CV, CG, or ML venues
• Expertise designing and training novel deep learning (DL) architectures for CV/CG with a broad understanding of DL methods and literature.
• Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods, and applying ML to real-world problems
• Familiarity with modern computer graphics techniques
• Deep mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods and optimization
• Experience with DL frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch
• Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, or C++
• Great interpersonal skills for collaboration with technical and non-technical partners
• MS (PhD preferred) in Computer Science or related field
Even better if you have experience with one or more of:
• Developing tools/solutions for animation, visual effects, gaming, or AR/VR
• Computer graphics and VFX tools such as Autodesk Maya, Nuke, or Adobe After Effects
• 3D vision and reconstruction, generative/adversarial models, active learning, or reinforcement learning
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7m8q-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.