Senior Technical Program Manager, Information Security Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. As Netflix continues to grow, we are venturing into exciting new frontiers of personalization and discovery to help our members find the content they'll enjoy the most. In particular, how we allow members to interactively explore and discover titles within Netflix - be it through search, voice, or UI.
We are looking for an exceptional applied research scientist to help us develop the technology that would power the search and recommendations experiences. Innovation on those experiences requires a great blend of creative thinking and applied research at the intersection of Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Knowledge Graphs and NLP, as well as Human-Computer Interactions.
In this role, you will conduct applied research by conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and validating potential algorithmic improvements. This includes researching and applying cutting edge machine learning algorithms, running offline experiments, and building online A/B tests to run in production systems. To be successful in this role, you need a strong machine learning background, solid software development skills, a love of learning, a passion for solving end-user problems and to collaborate well in multi-disciplinary teams. You will need to exhibit strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to set priorities, and an execution focus in a dynamic environment.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of research experience with a track record of delivering quality results.
• Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
• Experience in successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems.
• Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods.
• Strong software development experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, C++ or C#.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
• PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
Preferred, but not required, additional areas of experience:
• Experience as a technical leader.
• Experience working with cross functional teams.
• Experience in Search, Recommendations, Natural Language Processing, Knowledge Graphs, Conversational Agents, and Personalization.
• Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch.
• Experience with cloud computing platforms and large web-scale distributed systems.
• Experience in applied research in industrial settings.
• Open source contributions.
• Research publications at peer reviewed journals and conferences on relevant topics.
• Challenges in Search on Streaming Services: Netflix Case Study
• Recommendations and Results Organization in Netflix Search
• Netflix Research site
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1313-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.