Want to research and develop improvements to the core algorithms that power the Netflix product and business experience? Our Growth and Notifications Algorithms Engineering team is looking for passionate and talented applied machine learning experts to lead the way by researching and developing the next generation of algorithms used to drive the Netflix experience. The personalization systems we build drive key product and business areas including notifications, marketing, acquisition, payment and many other key user experiences.
In this role, you will conduct applied research by conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and validating potential algorithmic improvements. This includes running offline experiments and building online A/B tests to run in production systems. To be successful in this role, you need a strong machine learning background, solid software development skills, a love of learning, and to collaborate well in multi-disciplinary teams. You will need to exhibit strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to set priorities, and an execution focus in a dynamic environment.
If you are ready to make a difference at a company that matters, and if you want to work on machine learning and data in a company that strongly believes in both, then we would love to talk to you.
For more details about what we are working on, read these blog posts.
To learn more about our research work, you can visit our research page here.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of research experience with a track record of delivering quality results
• Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods
• Experience in successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
• Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
• Strong software development experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, C++ or C#
• Great interpersonal skills
• PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
Preferred, but not required, additional areas of experience:
• Experience in Recommendation Systems, Personalization, Search, Computational Advertising or Natural Language Processing
• Experience using Deep Learning, Bandits, Probabilistic Graphical Models, or Reinforcement Learning in real applications
• Experience in optimization algorithms and numerical computation
• Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch
• Experience with cloud computing platforms and large web-scale distributed systems
• Open source contributions
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp0jq-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.