Regional Lead, Creative Partner Planning & Insights
Los Angeles, CA
From pitch to play, from concept to execution, the way TV and films are made and marketed is changing. The Netflix Studio is at the forefront of this creative revolution, delivering billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to more than 190 million accounts globally. A core part of our mission is to produce an amazing and diverse array of owned content that delights our expansive global audience.
The Senior Product Researcher will play a critical role in this transformation, contributing insights and research outcomes that translate directly into business and product impact, guiding the development of the world's largest and most technically advanced content studio.
This role is partnering with the media management team. The media team is focused on building a platform that will help both the Studio and our shows create, manage, and exchange media for an ever-growing slate of shows. Our central scalable media infrastructure allows us to support the demand to rapidly provide access to connected, world-class technologies, supporting smarter studio and production media management. This team also builds proprietary software to unlock new creative output for disciplines such as Post Production and VFX, providing a differentiating competitive advantage for Netflix.
The Ideal Background:
• 7+ years leading qualitative/quantitative research supporting product innovation or development such as ethnographic, user, enterprise, or design research
• Clear, demonstrable experience as a product researcher, experience strategist, service designer, or similar role, on a complex, global collaborative workflow or enterprise tool suite with a proven record of seeing products from concept to delivery
• Effective verbal and written communication style distilling complex multi-method research reports into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights
• Experience in research on artist or media collaboration software a plus
• A passion for the television and filmmaking industry
• A degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Behavioral Economics, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Market Research or similar a plus
What You'll Be Doing:
• Partner with Design, Product Management, Engineers, and Data Scientists to create a competitive advantage for Netflix.
• Engage internal and external partners worldwide to uncover pain points, unmet needs, or workarounds that inspire innovations that optimize the flow of content and assets through the Netflix Studio
• Identify opportunities to establish new points-of-views on trends and insights and develop new capabilities that evolve our emerging enterprise research function
• You will partner with subject matter experts within media management taking a systems-level view to craft research recommendations and synthesize workflow needs and user insights
• Serve as a partner for a growing design practice center, advising your colleagues on methodologies and best practices in implementing their own evaluative research
• Define and facilitate design thinking workshops to foster cross-functional collaboration, action your research, and inform experiences that reflect a clearly defined problem
• Influence business decisions by encouraging creative thinking that creates major movement or shifts our direction, preventing us from making uninformed decisions or wasting resources, and improving the studio experience for our in-house and external partners
Who you are:
• Your lifelong mission has been to understand people, their behaviors, attitudes, and motivators
• You are comfortable putting a stake in the ground, even without all of the data you need
• You actively seek out answers to questions that are verging on impossible to answer
• When something needs to get done, you are the first to roll up your sleeves
• You make the connections no one else sees
• You stand firm in the face of change and challenge
• You read the Netflix culture memo and were energized
• You are quick-witted, straight-forward, and succinct
• You are equal parts creative and analytical