Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there. We are looking for a Merchandising Strategy expert to join our Merchandising team
We're building a brand new Merchandising team that is responsible for the packaging and presentation of our evolving content catalog. You will be responsible for defining new merchandising strategies that deliver stronger content discovery experiences on Netflix. You should be comfortable at the hub of a fast-paced environment where you interface daily with cross-functional experts. This is an opportunity to join a start-up team within Netflix; you will get the chance to define the team's business impact and set the bar for what a Merchandising Strategy team can deliver. This role focuses on New & Popular content experiences.
• Define comprehensive plans and approaches for organizing and presenting content in a way that makes choosing the right show, movie or game easier
• Own the strategy, creation and performance of global and local categories, rows and other content discovery experiences with an emphasis on New & Popular content discovery
• Build and run merchandising programs, that highlight New & Popular content, across messaging, non-member and member experiences. Rapidly learn and iterate through experimentation.
• Play a crucial role in bringing member discovery innovations, that focus on New & Popular content discovery, to life. You'll design merchandising strategies to increase the chances of adoption, in close partnership with the Product Management team
• Lead consumer insights on New & Popular discovery need states - identify primary motivations that drive consumers to seek out New & Popular content and define relevant consumer journeys
• Be responsible for tracking on-service experiences that highlight New and/or Popular content and define opportunities to improve those experiences for consumers
• Collaborate with a team of stunning colleagues across consumer insights, data science, design, content, marcomms to launch great discovery experiences
• 6+ years of experience in Merchandising Roles, Product Management, or Content Marketing
• Deep understanding of consumer behaviors and discovery habits with entertainment, understands how those intersect with content catalog and services
• Strategic thinker with a strong customer-focused mindset and empathy
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and drive alignment amid ambiguity
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and effectively influence and contribute with concrete recommendations/next steps, across both regional and global teams
• Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success
• Insatiable curiosity to learn new domains, keep up with industry innovation, and constantly ask 'why'
• Excellent written (memos and presentations) and verbal communication skills; timely communication
• Bachelor's degree required
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $140,000 - $600,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyb45-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.