VP, International Tax
Los Gatos, CA
It's an exciting time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. We are revolutionizing the way people watch their favorite shows & movies, and building our own library of original Netflix content for all to enjoy. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager Stock Operations to lead the team focused on day-to-day global operations and accounting of Netflix's Stock Option Program (SOP). The ideal candidate not only has a strong equity administration and compliance background, but is also someone who can work cross functionally to build innovative processes that work for all of our stunning colleagues.
• Lead and develop the global stock operations team
• Oversee the administration of the Netflix SOP including grants, exercises, and settlements of stock, working closely with internal and external partners such as brokerage firms, transfer agents, legal counsel.
• Ensure compliance with equity related regulatory requirements such as tax withholding and reporting, data privacy, and securities and labor law across Netflix entities around the world.
• Understand, document and operationalize the tax and reporting requirements related to non-US stock grants and exercises including international and domestic transfers, short-term assignments, business travelers, and remote workers.
• Manage and design workflows and systems that not only maximize efficiencies in stock operations but also ensure integrity of data and streamline reporting necessary for compliance and business decision making.
• Partner with cross functional teams including Payroll, Finance & Accounting, Global Mobility, Talent Analytics, Employee Technology, Legal, Treasury, and Employee Services with a proactive focus on ensuring critical requirements are considered early and often throughout cross functional initiatives.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Section 16 officers and directors to support SEC reporting and compliance including implementation of trading plans and the filing of Form 4's.
Desired skills and background:
• 10+ years of relevant experience in equity administration and / or equity accounting with some leadership experience
• Familiar with US GAAP accounting principles and equity valuation models
• Strong knowledge of domestic and international equity legal and tax compliance and reporting requirements.
• Able to function in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and navigate areas of uncertainty.
• Able to work independently, and effectively manage people and processes.
• Experience with Workday and Equity Edge Online is a plus.
• Certified Equity Professional accreditation preferred.
To be successful:
• You are passionate about providing extraordinary employee experiences.
• The perfect candidate will have a deep curiosity, a passion for automation, and the ability to manage highly impactful projects.
• You love motivating teams by empowering them and providing context/feedback.
• You take pride in creating simple and scalable administrative solutions.
• You are data-driven, analytical, and quick to learn.
• You are a clear and proactive communicator.
• You can work with ambiguous requirements and take smart risks.
• You can challenge the team on technical decisions and architecture.
• You rapidly and eagerly identify gaps in processes and construct long-term solutions while minimizing complexity.