Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 235+ million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages increasing our accessibility to Global markets around the world. Growth Data Science and Engineering is part of our product organization within Data & Insights. We power insights to make all the impactful decisions around what countries we launch and grow our membership in, what plan and pricing strategies we employ in those countries, and how we vary our signup flow to make Netflix more accessible and appealing to more potential members. We also partner in various countries to bring Netflix to life on various devices and subscriptions. Lastly, we take great care and consideration to ensure our customers globally have their payment of choice so that all of our members have a great experience signing up and renewing Netflix monthly.
The Growth Data Engineering team sits at the core of building an analytics and data ecosystem that powers Netflix's understanding and decision-making about how our product is performing and maximizing global member growth. We provide insights and data that help measure the customer experience from acquisition through to recurring subscriptions. It is part of a larger vertical organization for Growth, with a strong sense of our Netflix product and a data community that fosters technical, and personal growth.
Growth Data Engineering is seeking a senior manager to lead a team of seasoned engineers building analytical data sets that help drive product, research, and data decisions in its Growth & Acquisition strategies (Monetization, Commerce, and Experimentation)
Who are you?
• You are a natural people leader who also demonstrates humility. You care deeply about growing and coaching your team toward success. You invest in your relationships so that you have an understanding of the whole person and their perspective.
• You have experience in measuring and acquiring customers through a Digital Channel and can think through how to measure monetization strategies linked to plans, pricing, visitors, etc.
• You have experience with measuring Experimentation results from various visitor and member tests through the acquisition flow in a Digital Channel. You are able to partner with Data Science and Engineering teams to help ensure we measure the right things well with high-quality data.
• You have a repertoire of learnings and experience in working with product teams and designing data that informs good digital product decisions and strategies.
• You are curious, place an emphasis on team performance, and work hard to craft a high-performing team that supports the business goals and each other.
• You are forward-looking and have a strength in business acumen that you use to be able to anticipate the investments Netflix should be making to improve efficiency, innovation, and alignment. You identify areas for continuous improvement and persistently advocate for action to address them.
• As a leader you prefer to give context, delegate, coach, and watch amazing people exceed their roles, going beyond your expectations.
• You have an impeccable eye for technical talent, and influencing hiring decisions across organizations. You understand both the importance and the effort required in building and maintaining an additive and diverse high-performing team.
• You're not afraid of hard conversations and are gifted at coaching your colleagues through difficult situations. You are comfortable sharing your perspective on challenging people dynamics.
• You seek to de-escalate tense situations and are creative & flexible in finding balance with partners to maximize impact.
• You are a strong communicator, and self-aware about how others perceive your comments. As someone in a leadership role, you aim to be assertive, not passive nor aggressive, in providing input, support, and feedback.
• You have strong beliefs that are weakly held: you can argue, and hear, all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it
• You have experience in either leading people or projects that build data and software for product analytics, and data science or machine learning
• A role model for integrity: you have great judgment and can make tough decisions without agonizing.
• You enjoy working on hard problems with new tech, but what really drives you is creating levers for making a big impact. You are skilled at guiding your team through and fostering adaptability in the face of different magnitudes of change and ambiguity.
• You know what good and great data architectures look like and you are able to help your team succeed in making a great strong data architecture for acquisition and monetization.
What will you do?
• Build a vision and strategy for your team, and use your natural intuition and curiosity in understanding business and technology to guide a team by providing relevant context and inspiration.
• Engage, coach, and guide a team of high-performing engineers to be a high-performing team with a winning reputation for helping the business succeed.
• Create strong relationships across product, data science, analytics, and engineering leaders and partners that foster collaborative success toward Netflix's highest priorities
• Grow and mentor individual team members to reach their full potential through thoughtful observation and courageous, honest feedback
What (ideally) do you know?
• You are passionate about the customer and have worked to provide impactful data that influence product direction or customer experiences
• You know how to work with data science and analytics practitioners in various contexts
• You are passionate about data as a product
• You have expertise with a variety of Big Data tech (S3, Spark, Elasticsearch, graph databases), and know what it means to work in large-scale data environments
• You have experience in Growth, Acquisition, Experimentation, and Monetization teams/strategies, or similar that help companies achieve global growth
• You have seen large-scale data architectures with high volume and low latency
• You have many years of experience leading digital data teams and understand the nuances of data needs that come with making good product strategy decisions.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $480,000 - $1,200,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw35py-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.