We are looking to fill an integral role on the US Marketing team for a Senior Manager of Films Marketing. In this role, you will lead the day-to-day management and execution of title marketing campaigns for an assigned slate of Netflix Original Films. You will be responsible for developing and leading the overall creative and campaign strategy that drives cross-functional teams, inspires out-of-the-box thinking and big ideas, and orchestrates cohesion and clear connection across every touchpoint of a campaign. You are also an expert in talent relations – comfortable working with top tier filmmakers and internal executives – recognizing the critical balance of what is best for the business, the title and the teams involved and rightsizing efforts in navigating them.
Additionally, you will contribute to broader business tactics beyond title campaigns and pursue learning and development opportunities to consistently grow and evolve as a Netflix marketer and executive.
How do I know if I'm a fit for the role?
• You have a proven track record of building bold, world-class, creatively excellent campaigns that connect deeply with audiences and break through the cultural zeitgeist.
• You're passionate about all elements of a campaign but particularly the creative (trailers, art, digital and disruptive stunts) and have a deep experience leading 360 marketing campaigns with IMPACT.
• You are known for taking bold swings and turning the traditional on its head – you're not afraid to push boundaries and innovate in the entertainment marketing space. At the same time, you recognize where traditional tactics are effective and are deeply versed in various tried and true go-to-market strategies.
• You are a clear and concise communicator in both written and verbal applications. You are comfortable articulating campaign strategy on a broad level - the positioning, creative platform etc. – and are familiar with google docs and slides as a core way to showcase your thinking with cross-functional teams.
• You are great with top tier talent and won't shy away from tough conversations. At the same time, you can stand behind the work and go deep into the process clearly articulating the when, the why and the how to find solutions.
• You can own a room when the time asks for it, and you know when to elevate those around you. You are able to engage, listen and collaborate with different teams to align on campaign goals.
• You keep an eye on social trends and platform evolution to form an understanding of how to apply social and media analytics to fast-moving campaigns.
• You are effective with your time management and prioritization – you are comfortable in a fast paced, multifaceted environment that can coordinate and flex between multiple campaign launches and timelines.
• You are more interested in a team win than an individual win. Your priority is setting the title and team up for success.
• You believe inclusion and diversity are cornerstones of successful marketing teams and successful marketing.
• You inspire and are inspired.
• You are a collaborator who is also a creative problem solver - you come to the table with ideas, not just a POV.
• You don't mind asking for help or owning a mistake.
• You appreciate technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our multi-title campaigns within the member product experience.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to flourish in our unique company culture (see Who We Are).
• You love movies. You love marketing. You love storytelling and making audiences FEEL something.
• Lead multiple title campaigns across various genres from blockbusters to indie films.
• Develop and execute the
overall campaign positioning and the creative platform for global marketing campaigns, inclusive of audience targets, key tactics and conversation goals.
• Oversee the execution of core campaign materials (trailers, key art, social) and media activations, acting as the main point of contact with agencies and external partners.
• Communicate campaign strategy with key stakeholders and inspire global cross-functional alignment to ensure campaign cohesion and consistency.
• Be on the front lines of every campaign with publicity and content partners.
• Serve as a primary contact for filmmakers and talent to communicate campaign approach, goals and tactics while delivering a best in class experience to the artists.
• Manage overall title campaign scope, budget and timing, and resources from inception to finishing.
• Partner with the marketing ops team to ensure campaigns are delivered on time, at scale and on budget.
• Maintain a healthy curiosity for areas outside of title level responsibilities and participate in the development and execution of broader business initiatives that impact the film slate.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $175,000 - $445,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54jz0-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.