Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world. This big purpose forces us to work differently and challenges us with problems that are seldom or never encountered before. We are seeking a Senior Machine Learning Scientist to help solve problems, at times, at the frontier of human knowledge. In this role you will leverage techniques from Natural Language Processing (e.g. text summarization, text synthesis, topic discovery), multi-objective optimization and general applied machine learning domains to discover problems, build solutions & evaluate models to drive business and member impact.
As part of the Data Science & Engineering team, you will closely work with a part of Netflix called Creative Production. This is a team of creative and technical experts that designs promotional artwork, edits trailers, creates subtitles and dubs, creates tags and rating as well as ensures high quality for our content. Check out the following blog posts to learn more some of the problems we work on:
• Data Science and the Art of Producing Entertainment at Netflix,
• Optimizing Content Quality Control at Netflix with Predictive Modeling
This role is for you if
• You enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
• You believe in continuous learning and find ways to apply the latest developments in the ML field to problems you work on.
• You have a deep grasp of applied machine learning fundamentals.
• You write idiomatic code (Python or Scala) and are at ease with SQL.
• Netflix culture resonates with you.