Netflix is revolutionizing the entertainment industry with world-class technology. We serve over 200 million subscribers with streaming services in more than 190 countries around the world. We produce hundreds of new series, movies, documentaries, stand-up specials, and other categories of content each year. Because of our global footprint, we are able to elevate new types of creators, tell a diverse set of stories and inspire a worldwide audience, transcending geographical and cultural borders.
As Netflix continues to grow - we are leveraging the unique position we have as both a content distributor and producer to create a suite of causal inference models aimed at understanding what drives acquisition and retention on our service to support key decisions for our content acquisition teams. We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to join a team working on state-of-the-art machine learning models to help guide the future of the Netflix catalog and continue to bring joy to members all over the world.
To learn more about our research and analytics work, you can visit our research page here.
In this role, you will:
• Be part of a team of best in class ML practitioners working on understanding how our content translates to revenue for Netflix
• Develop ML models to support decisions by our finance and content teams- striving to answer the question, how can we create content that will continue to bring joy to our members?
• Build robust causal models utilizing both external and internal data
• Collaborate with analytics engineers and software engineers to translate your models into internal products that inform key decision-makers across the company
• Develop data-driven approaches to understand the relationship between subscribers and content
• Expose data and model predictions in a way that augments human expertise and informs decision-making
• Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership
• MS or Ph.D. in Economics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or other related quantitative discipline with a strong foundation in statistics
• 5+ years of experience as a hands-on expert-level practitioner of machine learning and/or natural language processing
• You have built large-scale production ML models and systems
• Strong coding experience in Python and SQL with experience with open source ML packages
• Track record of innovation and having taken large machine learning-based products and features from conception to successfully delivering value to customers in production
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to translate business context and intuition into data-oriented hypotheses to drive impact
• You care deeply about the science being right, and equally as passionate about the translation to actionable insights
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqp31-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.