Senior Software Engineer, Content Acquisition Engineering
Remote / Virtual
Netflix is a pioneer in the entertainment industry, merging the creativity of Hollywood with the technical innovation of Silicon Valley. Netflix currently serves over 190 million subscribers in more than 190 countries around the world.
As Netflix continues to grow - we are leveraging the unique position we have as both a content distributor and producer to create a suite of causal inference models aimed at understanding what drives acquisition and retention on our service to support key decisions for our content.
We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Scientist with a PhD of equivalent and at least 2 years industry experience to join a team working on state of the art machine learning models to help guide the future of the Netflix catalog.
You can expect to:
• Be part of a team of best in class ML practitioners working on causal modeling
• Work yourself to build robust causal models utilizing both external and internal data.
• Work with our team of analytics and software engineers to translate your models into internal products supporting key decision-makers across the company.
• Highly rigorous, but maximizing for impact. You care deeply about the science being right, but you're just as passionate about making sure you can translate the science to actionable insights.
• A Ph.D. in Economics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or other related quantitative discipline with a strong foundation in statistics.
• Able to translate your models to fully functioning, production-level code (Python or Scala), and interact comfortably with big data (SQL).
• A great communicator - you collaborate well with people of various backgrounds ranging from ML practitioners on your team to business stakeholders.