Senior Software Engineer - User Systems & Data
Los Gatos, CA
On the iOS UI team, we are passionate about delivering ✨joy✨ to hundreds of millions of Netflix members around the world, whether they're traveling to a remote location or at home with family. We work on mobile product innovations that connect our members to the stories they love. Some of these have included Coming Soon that lets you browse and set reminders for upcoming releases, as well as Player Speed Controls that give you more flexibility and accessibility over your viewing experience on your mobile device.
Our responsibilities include implementing large-scale A/B tests of features ranging from highly visible product experiences to core infrastructure that enables existing and future innovations. We care deeply about UI performance, quality, and accessibility of the Netflix app. In order to bring new kinds of engaging and cinematic experiences to life, we partner closely with product managers, designers, creative producers, as well as a number of other engineering teams.
People who excel on our team are consumer product-oriented, intensely curious, and selfless. We are part of a global, diverse organization that includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, parents, self-taught or formally educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage anyone who is passionate about building compelling mobile experiences that touch audiences around the world to apply.
About the Role
• Lead and collaborate with product teams to build delightful, highly performant, and accessible user experiences.
• Develop A/B testable features using advanced UIKit, Core Animation, and Foundation APIs in Objective-C and Swift.
• Create scalable, modular, and extensible custom UI components that are leveraged by other iOS engineers.
• Refine or define hypotheses with our stakeholders in a data-driven approach that informs product strategy and innovations.
• Enable and ship complex product experiences with exceptional quality on a regular, rapid cadence.
What Sets You Apart
• Curious about a broad range of new or unfamiliar technologies, our consumer base, and product vision.
• Always seeking different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to comfortably navigate ambiguity.
• Effective at establishing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication.
• Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
• Endeavors to elevate the knowledge, skills, abilities of yourself and others that is conducive to fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment.
• 🎥 Engineering the Customer Journey (Netflix Women In Tech)
Meet the Team
• Listen to our inaugural episode of the WeAreNetflix Podcast, as well as guest appearances on other shows!
• 🔊 Episode 1: Making the Netflix iOS App - Jordanna Kwok, Jessica Berglund
• 🔊 How big iOS teams typically operate (Swift by Sundell) - Carola Nitz
• Watch Netflix event videos and conference talks featuring members of our team!
• 🎥 Accessibility for iOS: Doing Well by Doing Good (App Builders 2020) - John Fox
• 🎥 Eye Nav Hack (Netflix Hack Day) - Ben Hands