On the iOS Platform team, we are passionate about delivering ✨joy✨ to hundreds of millions of Netflix members around the world, whether they're traveling to a remote location or at home with family.
The iOS Platform team is responsible for the playback, download, authentication, and networking infrastructure that powers the product experience on iPhones and iPads. You will be part of a team with a diverse set of technical skills that partners cross-functionally with our product, device security, encoding, and data science teams.
We believe a big part of our ability to spark viewer joy comes from fostering inclusion and building diversity within our own team. Our team is made up of engineers who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. We believe the plurality of experiences, opinions, and skills within our team is what makes us succeed in our own mission.
Our team is remote inclusive and the Netflix culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix by reading about our culture. Apply to talk to us to see if this product development role on a small, impactful, and collaborative team is right for you.
Simply put, our goal is to make the fastest starting, highest quality and most stable streaming experience in the world. We encourage anyone who is passionate about building immersive mobile entertainment experiences to apply.
About the Role
• Work on a mobile app that millions of customers use every day around the world
• Develop with a data-driven experimental mindset , using A/B testing to evaluate new functionality and roll it out
• Design and implement platform support in the Netflix iOS application
• Collaborate closely with the UX design and product management teams to seamlessly blend Netflix into iOS
• Integrate new iOS features rapidly and continuously
• Work with partners to continue improving the Netflix quality of experience on the largest number of devices
• Enable and ship complex product experiences with exceptional quality on a regular, rapid cadence
What Sets You Apart
• You know Swift and Objective C
• You understand the iOS SDK Network and Media Streaming APIs
• You work at all phases of the software development lifecycle, including planning, design, implementation, deployment and support
• You embrace an experimental development style, using AB testing to test hypotheses on how to improve product performance
• You collaborate effectively across a wide range of cross-functional teams
• You tenaciously analyze problems in the field, using data and insights to get to root cause
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmepx-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.