About the Team:
Productivity Engineering at Netflix builds tools and infrastructure to simplify and accelerate the development lifecycle for Netflix's 2,000+ software engineers, allowing them to focus on their core business problems. We create software development experiences that provide abstractions around common use-cases. We are looking for a skilled fullstack engineer to join us in crafting highly usable interfaces, tools, and workflows to support producers and end-users in building and leveraging these consolidated developer experiences. If you are a product-minded software engineer, passionate about developer productivity, and excited about going across tech stacks, this would be an ideal mutual match.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to play a leading role in building the infrastructure and interfaces for curated experiences at Netflix. Curated experiences are end-to-end (accounting for the whole SDLC), managed, carefully-crafted developer tools, platforms, and frameworks that target a specific customer base and use-case. Our goal is to empower more teams to build curated experiences, and get more end-user developers to leverage them, with the end result of significantly streamlined and simplified developer practices across Netflix. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor to build developer experience infrastructure that will scale with the size and complexity of Netflix.
To achieve this, you will need to:
• Build interfaces and tools that are flexible enough to support thousands of diverse users and manage ever-growing complexity.
• Collaborate closely with provider teams and end-user developers alike.
• Work across many technologies to tie together existing systems and tools, picking up unfamiliar concepts quickly.
• Take a product-driven mindset toward improving the experience of software engineers at Netflix, ensuring customer impact is always central to your work.
Qualities and experiences we're looking for:
• Strong design and programming skills applied towards developing modern cloud application products.
• Strong backend, microservices, and distributed system skills.
• Frontend and design skills applied towards crafting modern web applications (we use ReactJS).
• Experience designing and building high-quality developer tools for a diverse audience.
• Clear and concise communication about your work, design, and tradeoff decisions, both in writing and verbally, and an ability to form durable relationships with partners and customers.
• Curiosity and inquisitiveness; desire to ''peel the layers of the onion'' on ambiguous problems.
• An alignment with Netflix values in how you approach your work and collaborate with others.
• Not required, but will help you hit the ground running: proficiency with Node, Java, Golang, and/or GraphQL.
If this role and the challenges involved excite you, we would love to talk with you. We are seeking to grow an inclusive and diverse team. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified, and you think you can rock the role, we highly encourage you to apply!
Remote is an option. We value what you can do, from anywhere in the United States. Our team's ''home base'' office is in Los Gatos, CA.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3bq3-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.