Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with more than 200 million members worldwide enjoying billions of hours of TV shows and movies per month.
The Netflix Messaging Engineering team builds the platform, applications and messages to communicate with Netflix members across their entire lifecycle, starting with acquisition, and then moving into account, on-boarding, and personalized content recommendations. Messaging is considered part of the core Netflix product experience and is critical in driving growth and engagement of our member base as we work take Netflix to the next 100 million subscribers.
We are continually focused on being data-driven to help determine the frequency of messages, what kind of messages members should receive, as well as the types of channels we send messages through (email, push notifications, in-app alerts, and SMS) that reach subscribers on a wide variety of devices. All the while building and innovating in a distributed environment where maintainability, reliability, and scalability are key.
What you will do…
As a full-stack engineer on the Messaging Platform team, you'll have the opportunity to contribute and add value across the entire Messaging platform - from building client applications that empower product engineers to create and publish messages, to owning critical backend components of the platform itself, to building the infrastructure that allows Netflix to become more personalized and relevant in the way we communicate to our members.
This is a high impact role where your contributions will not only make a difference in messaging to our subscribers, but will also support the production of our movies and shows by partnering with the Studio organization to enable a robust messaging experience within and across their applications.
If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
Here's some work we've done…
Messaging Engineering @ Netflix
• Experience working on consumer-facing products and having empathy for the end-user
• Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React or Angular
• Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
• Experience making data and metrics-driven optimizations/decisions
• Experience with distributed architectures and scaling systems
• Ability to solve problems that span multiple interconnected systems
• Experience implementing in Java or other object oriented languages for a distributed environment
• Great oral and written communication skills
Nice To Have Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, AM, or similar
• Experience working on tooling and systems that support consumer and/or enterprise facing notifications at scale
• Experience running A/B tests to optimize the growth of a product
• Experience with data frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, and Spark
We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0np31-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.