As we drive our rapid development in creating owned content across the globe, we are looking for an individual to join our Contingent Compensation team in Amsterdam to support operations in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of film and TV series production, production accounting, European creative unions, content production/distribution contracts, and financial principles. The Senior Financial Analyst will work cross-functionally with local business partners and with the Los Angeles office to support the communication and processing of relevant data and the timely reporting and payment of Netflix's Initial Rights and Contingent Compensation obligations in EMEA.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
About the role:
• You are the informed captain across a portfolio of projects which includes handling Contingent Compensation deliverables end-to-end. Requires the ability to analyze legal agreements, interpret deal terms, and prepare royalty statements and payments based on contractual terms.
• You exercise sound judgement in determining the contingent compensation ultimate cost which requires the ability to create independent financial modes and manage related budget and cash flow across a portfolio of projects.
• You collaborate with partners and are comfortable working with large quantities of detailed data. This includes the procurement and processing of relevant production data across your entire title portfolio.
• You are able to develop ad hoc analysis to represent impact to the business (e.g. profitability of off-service exploitation, financial impact of new deal terms, etc.). This role will also advise on the financial impact of contingent compensation as related to guild/union matters.
• You communicate effectively in all internal meetings you attend and effectively manage external relationships including conversations with guilds, talent representatives and production partners to discuss and resolve inquiries.
• You lead efforts to innovate Contingent Compensation including system development and automation conversations. Provide feedback, research industry best practices and implement impactful improvements to your area that demonstrate the capabilities of your team. You actively help onboard, develop and coach new hires and aid in the review of team member's work.
• University degree in finance, management, economics, accounting or related field.
• 5-10 years of related experience, preferably with profit participations, royalties, talent deal management, and/or content distribution.
• German and/or French language proficiency strongly preferred.
• Experience reading and interpreting legal agreements including the ability to read and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• General understanding of global film and television distribution, and an understanding of European media regulations (EU and country-specific).
• Ability to work independently with regional business partners and align with the Los Angeles-based team. Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with a diverse group of cross-functional business partners in a multi-cultural environment.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyky2k-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.