The big data platform is the core foundation in driving all of our product decisions that directly impact our customer experience. It is leveraged across the company to build data models for recommendations, analyze customer streaming experience, content take-rate, plus more. It is critical to the success of our business as we heavily rely on analyzing data to revolutionize internet TV!
We are the data infrastructure team that builds an ecosystem of microservices that expose the big data platform as a robust and highly available service to the rest of Netflix. We are constantly evolving our infrastructure. We are designing new microservices to take our architecture to the next level to keep pace with our increasing job execution and data needs.
Here is the vision of the data infrastructure team that is responsible for the orchestration layer.
Specifically, we are working on:
• Building the next generation of Workflow orchestration with horizontal scalability and event driven architecture.
• Building an IFTTT service (called Microbots) to help us expand and scale on the usage pattern of event driven architecture.
• Building an automated and Intelligent ETL processing based on data and resource availability.
• Infrastructure to Improve data quality, availability and completeness
• And many more ...
• If this aligns well with your passion, we would love to hear from you!
This would be your dream job if you enjoy:
• Working with a massive amount of data (hundreds of PB) that is growing rapidly.
• Understanding and solving real business needs at large scale by applying your software engineering and analytical problem solving skills.
• Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure.
• Leading cross-functional initiatives and collaborating with engineers across teams.
• Sharing our experiences with the open source communities and contributing to Netflix OSS.
• You have 5+ years of experience in building large scale distributed applications.
• You are proficient in design and development of RESTful web services.
• You are an expert in Java. Python or Scala expertise is a plus.
• Knowledge of Hadoop, Data Lake, ETL, Spark and PySpark is a plus.
• You have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
• Most importantly, you are thrilled to help solve our big data challenges while revolutionizing internet TV!
To learn more about the team, here is our recent talk at re:Invent conference (in slides or video) and Strata that describes what we do in the big data space!
A few more things about us:
As a team, we come from many different countries and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to computer science. Our team includes product managers, program managers, designers, full-stack developers, distributed systems engineers, and data scientists. Folks have the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment and look forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnqyp-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.