Senior Machine Learning Scientist - Content Products
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment and shaping the evolution of storytelling around the world. We deliver billions of hours of movies and shows per month to more than 150 million accounts across 190 countries, reaching new audiences every day. Our data-driven culture allows us to continuously innovate and provide the best experience for our diverse member base.
The goal of the Studio Production Data Science and Engineering team at Netflix is to help scale our rapidly expanding Studio efforts. We conduct analyses, develop analytic tools and build innovative predictive models and algorithms using machine learning. Check out this blog post to learn more about the area and some of the problems we're working on, and for more about our broader research and analytics work, you can visit the Netflix Research website.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to partner with a world-class team of Studio production partners to support global original content creation, and bring joy to our members.
What you will do:
• Work closely with stakeholders in Studio Production to identify impactful problems, and develop solutions to these problems via machine learning and data science.
• Leverage different types of data (e.g., daily data from productions, and scripts) to develop innovative models that empower decision making for studio executives and partners.
• Join a stunning team of data experts with diverse skill sets, and contribute to Netflix Research.
Your background and characteristics:
• Practical data science experience with a deep technical background in supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods.
• Experience in using NLP is a plus.
• PhD or MS degree in a quantitative or computational field and 4+ years relevant experience.
• Expertise in SQL and programming in Python or R.
• Comfort with ambiguity; ability to own and drive projects with minimal oversight and process.
• Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences: written, verbal and presentation.
• Enthusiasm about Netflix culture.