We work to provide the best of entertainment, whenever and wherever our members want it. That means aggressive growth of our content library, and constant innovation of the Netflix product experience.
The Product Content Research and Analytics team provides the connective tissue that enables a holistic view of the member experience, including both product health and the interaction of product and content. In this role, you will think big picture about our business goals and how we achieve them through innovation, experimentation, and scaled data-solutions.
The ideal candidate:
• Is passionate about developing data-driven solutions to hard organizational challenges.
• Is scrappy when necessary, but leans toward building robust, long-term solutions that scale.
• Excels at managing complex, cross-functional projects (and / or products) end-to-end.
• Has experience working with stakeholders to develop and refine metrics or KPIs, and experience proactively presenting metrics proposals and dashboards to stakeholders.
• Considers communication a strength and is excited to educate stakeholders across teams and varying levels of technical expertise about data and tools.
• Is creative, and enjoys shaping and extending asks from your partners, anticipating their future needs and providing new insights that they didn't know to ask for.
Must haves for this role:
• 10+ years experience as a tech lead, data scientist, or project / product manager, or in a similar role in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Experience as a project or product manager leading complex, cross-functional initiatives in matrixed organizations
• Experience querying and manipulating petabytes of data for analysis and visualization using SQL, Python, R, and Spark.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal - you can break down complex scientific findings into compelling stories for creative and content partners.
• Strong intuition with data, and previous work experience on metric development and feature engineering.
• Experience communicating with non-technical stakeholders, and translating abstract business questions into actionable insights and high impact data products
Netflix offers amazing colleagues, constantly evolving technology, and opportunities for high-impact analytics work. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are always on the lookout for stunning colleagues who bring new perspectives. Our unique culture emphasizes Freedom & Responsibility, and permeates our way of work - hopefully it resonates with you as much as it does with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d987v9-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.