Senior Technical Program Manager, Information Security Engineering Program Management
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world. We have over 195 million members in 190 countries. Our payments teams across the globe strive to make it convenient for consumers to pay their subscriptions on time and enjoy Netflix without interruption. To complement and increase our worldwide reach, our partnerships and business development teams work with a range of partner companies spanning cable, telecom, CE manufacturers, TV makers, streaming devices, and app platforms. Our partners not just allow consumers to enjoy Netflix on a wide variety of devices, but also lend us their brand names and marketing budgets.
At the heart of all our initiatives lies data. We maintain a relentless focus on data and hypothesis driven decision making that allows us to create the best experiences for our members. We are at the forefront of using advanced mathematical models and algorithms on big data, and our scientists and engineers are constantly looking for new ways to improve the state of the art.
We are seeking a talented professional to lead data analysis, experimentation, and modeling projects across both payments and partnerships spaces. This is a high-impact position where your work will have a direct and high impact on business decisions.
Note: we love to have people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The role and interview process will be tailored to your profile.
• Be a strategic partner and work with business stakeholders to define high impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to solve these problems with data
• Partner closely with leadership on our payments, partnerships, and product teams to deliver insights and decision recommendations through experimentation and analysis
• Research and develop key metrics and performance indicators
• Develop, iterate, and deploy mathematical and machine learning models that improve our payments processing and fraud detection
• Build dashboards and visualizations that enable stakeholders to self-serve metrics and trends effectively. Assist and educate on interpretation
• Find ways to automate and scale repeating ad-hoc requests
You have some mix of the following ...
• Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ability to tease out causality/incrementality vs. correlations; experimentation; understanding of predictive modeling; time series; probabilistic graphical models
• Ability to do data analysis, reporting & visualization (Tableau, D3, etc.) at scale
• Experience developing and deploying models a plus
• Expertise in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto etc.)
• Data crunching or numerical computing experience in a scripting language (Python, R, Julia, etc.)
• Ability to write ad-hoc data pipelines and ETLs for self-use
• Quantitative educational background
You are ...
• Someone with a bias for action and quick iteration as opposed to perfection
• Able to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
• Exceptional with interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to maintain strong stakeholder relationships across time zones
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• A fan of Netflix!