At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world. We do this by connecting our members with an amazingly diverse catalog of stories from around the world. This creates a ''window on the world'' for our 200 million members across 190 countries, letting them travel around the world from their devices. Effective localization of our content through subtitles and dubbing as well as localized user interfaces play a crucial role in building these connections.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist to partner with business teams and product managers to empower effective and efficient localization. This is an opportunity for you to have direct influence on strategic decisions through technical and business thought partnership that will ultimately shape globalization decisions.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys combining their creativity and breadth of knowledge across analytics, experimentation, and modeling to select the right solution for the problem at hand
• Has expertise working with large data sets and analyzing complex data with SQL and Python (or similar languages)
• Is passionate about formulating abstract business questions and generating actionable insights and high impact data products
• Effectively breaks down complex findings into compelling stories and visualizations (using tools likeTableau)
• Is a self-starter who thrives under a high level of autonomy
What they will do:
• Partner closely with cross-functional teams to develop analytical solutions to power decision-making
• Present research and insights to all levels of the company, including executive level, clearly and concisely
• Join a stunning team of data experts with diverse skill set, and contribute to Netflix Research by developing new methodologies that could enhance our decision-making process
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m496-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.