At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world. We do this by connecting our members with an amazingly diverse catalog of stories from all over the globe. Our Editorial Creative team strives to accurately classify, tag, and create synopses for each title so our members can quickly find content they will enjoy. Effective execution of these tasks require a careful blend of art and science to authentically represent each title in a way that resonates with our members.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist to unlock the power of data in this highly creative, yet data rich space. This is an opportunity for you to have direct influence on strategic decisions through technical and business thought partnership that will ultimately shape how titles are represented on our product.
What you will do:
• Unlock the potential of impactful greenfield areas through effective identification and application of analytics, causal inference, and experimentation
• Define novel metrics to power decision-support tools
• Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments
• Join a stunning team of data experts with diverse skill set, and contribute to Netflix Research by developing new methodologies that could enhance our decision-making process
• Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, including executive level, clearly and concisely
Who you are:
• You have strong statistical knowledge and intuition in analytics, experimentation, and observational studies
• You have expertise working with large data sets and analyzing complex data with SQL and visualization tools like Tableau (or similar tools)
• You have strong programming skills in languages like Python
• You are excited about translating abstract business questions into actionable insights and high impact data products
• You are a self-starter who thrives under a high level of autonomy
• Netflix culture resonates with you
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn876o-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.