Senior Data Scientist - Studio Production Data Science & Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix Original shows and films are produced around the world and watched by more than 150 million accounts globally, reaching new audiences every day. We aim to give content creators the opportunity to bring their most visionary ideas to life and create joy for our members around the world through innovative storytelling.
The Production Management Data Science & Engineering team supports the Netflix teams managing global content production. We apply data science, analytics, and engineering to support Netflix's unprecedented growth in production, all with the goal of empowering decision-makers throughout the Studio. Our team consists of Analytics Engineers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists who work directly with business partners to build optimization models, identify new data sources, deliver key insights, and more. This blog post describes more about the area and some of the exciting problems we're working on.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help evolve the products that support the production process, both on set and at the Netflix Studio. This is a great opportunity to lay the data foundation for product analytics and directly influence the tools we put in the hands of people responsible for our amazing content!
As a Senior Data Engineer in this space, you will…
• Be the glue between engineering and analysis: work with Studio Product Engineering to capture data that helps us analyze effectiveness and engagement across a wide array of products that support studio and production crew users
• Architect the data we use to calculate new product metrics and enable experimentation across the Studio product ecosystem
• Partner closely with Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to identify and ingest data from new sources & systems to discover product opportunities. Some of this data may be messy or not yet exist!
• Own, strengthen, and expand foundational Studio data models
What you bring to the role:
• Hands-on experience building production data pipelines using one or more frameworks such as Spark, Flink or Hive/Hadoop
• Expertise in data modeling and establishing data architecture across multiple systems
• Proficiency in Python and comfort working in a variety of tech stacks. A working knowledge of front-end development is a plus but not required
• Experience with sourcing and modeling data from application APIs
• Strong communication; able to own and deepen direct relationships with our Engineering and Product Management partners
• Enthusiasm about innovating and learning in a fast paced environment
• Comfort with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way, working alongside smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence decision-making in a fast-moving, exciting environment. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that an inclusive work environment builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.