Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is enjoyed by more than 160 million households globally, entertaining new audiences every day. Netflix's cloud platforms and internal tools play a key role in making the Netflix experience great. We are one of the pioneers of leveraging a highly scalable cloud footprint to deliver delightful experiences to our members worldwide. The Platform Data Science and Engineering team leads the analytic innovation that enables architecting secure, scalable, and efficient platforms. We partner with our internal platform engineering teams and empower them through intelligent analytic products and integrated models that enable smarter decision making.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build reliable, distributed data pipelines and intuitive data products that allow our stakeholders to easily leverage data in an effective manner. As part of this team, you will work on diverse data technologies such as Spark, Presto, Flink, Kafka & others to build insightful, scalable and robust data pipelines.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in distributed data processing, have great and demonstrable data intuition, and share our passion for continuously improving the ways we use data to make the Netflix infrastructure better.
Who you are:
• Passionate about intuitive data models and an expert in distributed data processing patterns
• Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python or Scala
• Comfortable with complex SQL
• Expert in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc...) on large scale data sets demonstrated through years of experience
• Understand the Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage, governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc
• Conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, RDS etc)
• Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
• Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
What you will do:
• Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
• Develop subject-matter expertise in the cloud platform domain at Netflix
• Act as a thought partner to the platform engineering team, understand their challenges, and make opinionated recommendations that empower them with data solutions to efficiently scale Netflix infrastructure and tools
• Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to service a wider variety of use cases
• Enable smart analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering etc
• Join a stunning team of data experts with diverse skill set, and deliver excellent solutions that better enable our decision-making process
A few more things to know:
Our culture is unique and You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile of environments. Requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risks.
we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at jobs.netflix.com/culture.