Engineering Manager, Content Platform Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
With over 195 million members enjoying Netflix films and TV, our member messaging teams seek creative ways over multiple channels to drive engagement and create more joy around our product. In a constantly evolving space, our teams are experimenting with new methods to reach and engage our members and help them discover their next favorite show. The messaging data engineering team builds and maintains the critical pipelines that support analytic systems and A/B experiments.
In this role, you will build data driven solutions that require collaboration with product managers, software engineers, data scientists, and data analysts. You will build ETL pipelines with Apache Spark to power analytic dashboards and custom viz applications (using Apache Druid), as well as providing A/B metrics for our experimentation platform.
Who you are:
• You have experience in distributed data processing (Batch or Streaming).
• You have strong SQL skills.
• You are proficient in at least one major programming language and are passionate about writing clean, supportable code.
• You have strong data modeling skills. You design structures that are adaptable to changes in the source data or business processes.
• You are an advocate for data quality. You have a strong opinion on when data audits, unit tests, and documentation can be most effective.
• You are a technical thought leader. You will be responsible for developing and evolving the technical vision for data systems in the messaging domain.
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with partners and stakeholders.
• You are curious about the rapidly evolving technologies in this domain. You are eager to learn and master new tech when it can have a big impact on our team.
• Previous experiencince with experimentation is a plus.
• You can relate to many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture and love to operate independently while collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback to your team members.