Netflix is re-imagining entertainment with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries on millions of devices. One of the ways we do this is using insights from data to optimize for the best customer experience. The Growth Data Engineering team is responsible for data critical in driving customer acquisition and optimizing the signup experience for our members to come. Our work empowers product managers and business leaders to rapidly experiment and innovate on product experiences that drive our goal to ''Entertain the world.''
In this role, you will partner closely with other engineers and data scientists to power experimentation, analytical data products, and machine learning models. This is an opportunity for someone with a strong data engineering background to demonstrate their thought leadership, crafting metrics and elegant insights that directly impact the business.
• 8+ years of industry experience and proficiency in building distributed data pipelines for both batch and real-time (our stack is Spark, Flink, Hive/Iceberg, Kafka - so experience with these technologies is helpful, but not strictly required).
• You are proficient in at least one primary language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python) and SQL (any variant). You strive to write elegant and maintainable code, and you're comfortable picking up new technologies.
• You have broad knowledge about transport and API protocols such gRPC or GraphQL or REST.
• You have a product mindset to understand business needs and develop scalable engineering solutions.
• You are always looking for opportunities to simplify, automate tasks, and build reusable components across multiple use cases and teams.
• You have strong communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and drive projects. You are curious and eager to work across a variety of engineering specialties (i.e., Data Science, Data Engineering, and Machine Learning to name a few).
• You have an eye for detail and like to spark joy amongst your partners with well-documented high-quality data products that are modeled and easy to understand.
• You are comfortable working in the most agile environments with vague requirements and rapid iterations. You are nimble and take intelligent risks.
Preferred, but not required:
• Experience building microservices using frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
• You relate to and embody many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture. You love working independently while also collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• We are open to remote hires within the US. Don't let the Los Gatos location hold you back if you are interested in this role.
Learn more about the team, technologies, and the immediate team members you'd get to work with!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zkb9-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.