Director Of Engineering, Content Acquisition and Finance Controllership Systems
Remote / Virtual
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment itself and pushing the limits of what it means to be a subscription business. From the Netflix Fourth Quarter 2020 Letter to Shareholders: ''With 8.5m paid net additions in Q4, we crossed the 200m paid memberships mark. For the full year, we added a record 37m paid memberships, achieved $25 billion in annual revenue (+24% year over year) and grew operating profit 76% to $4.6 billion''. We help grow our member base and support our business and finance teams to meet regulations and create new partnership opportunities. The data is mission-critical.
This role requires folks who enjoy the business complexity that emerges as we manage the member lifecycle by interfacing with membership and billing systems to report numbers in our earnings release accurately and enable forecasts to company executives. As part of the Finance Data Engineering team, you will play a vital role in creating reliable distributed data pipelines that will allow self-service. We expect you to show thought leadership and partner effectively with our business and engineering teams to develop better metrics and more elegant insights.
Location of work: For this role, we are considering both candidates who are willing to relocate to Los Gatos, California, and fully-remote candidates (remote in the US with occasional visits to Los Gatos). For fully-remote work, you should be a remote-work expert who will help uplevel the team's collaboration skills!
Who are you:
• You are proficient in SQL (any variant) and at least one major language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python). You strive to write beautiful code, and you're comfortable with picking up new technologies.
• You have strong communication skills to partner with data scientists and engineering stakeholders effectively. You love being the bridge between Finance and Engineering teams.
• You LOVE data of all sorts, big and small! You enjoy helping teams push the boundaries of extracting business insights from our data.
• You have a strong background in data pipelining, distributed data processing, software engineering components, and data modeling concepts.
• You are always looking for opportunities to simplify, automate tasks, and build reusable components reusable across multiple use cases and teams.
• You have an eye for detail and realize where accuracy is critical. You like to spark joy in internal partners with high-quality data products that are well documented, modeled, and easy to understand.
• You relate to and embody many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture. You love working independently while also collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback.
• You have preferably worked with Financial Accounting teams and understand their terminology and processes. You can help Netflix meet the compliance requirements of these teams (e.g., SOX).
Learn more about the team, technologies, and the immediate team members you'd get to work with! If you'd like us to make changes to the interview process to improve the odds of your sailing through it with flying colors, please share your thoughts with us - we promise to do whatever is feasible to accommodate.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8935k-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.