Senior Software Engineer - Revenue Finance Infrastructure
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is building out the largest entertainment studio in the world. Each year we're creating more and more content people love all around the world. In 2020 alone, we're spending over $12 billion on content. As part of the Content Finance Engineering team, we're responsible for enabling the business to make smart decisions about how we account, spend, and plan for all of the money that's related to our content. As the sole data engineer focused on Content Finance's operational reports, you will have a huge ownership and responsibility for enabling the business' critical decisions. You will play be responsible for creating reliable, distributed data pipelines and building intuitive data products that allow our stakeholders to easily leverage data in a self-service manner. You will be expected to show thought leadership and partner effectively with our engineering teams, analysts, and business partners to push the company forwards.
What describes you:
• Have a strong background in distributed data processing, software engineering design, and data modeling concepts
• Very strong in Java, Scala or Python
• Experience with Spark and distributed computing
• Experience building out and maintaining star and snowflake schemas for critical data
• Takes pride in the hygiene and quality of your code, tables, and pipelines
• Simplifies and automates solutions
• Have a track record of owning and building resilient ETLs
• A great communicator - both written and verbal
• A team player who selflessly helps others
• Love freedom and hate being micromanaged.
• Given context, you thrive finding creative and efficient solutions towards a common goal
• Connect with our unique culture
In this role you'll:
• Completely define, own, and maintain business-critical data pipelines.
• Work closely with engineers, analysts, and business partners to deeply understand the data, what it means in our context, and how to elegantly model it appropriately
• Power some of the most important and insightful dashboards and insights for our finances
• Learn the ins-and-outs of our business and how Netflix manages money
• Understand and explain how data ties together and relates to the rest of our ecosystem
• Design dimensional tables to enable analyst and drive critical business decisions in an efficient and scalable manner