Our mission at Netflix is to connect global stories with global audiences. When a Netflix member opens our app, we have a few precious moments to help them choose a story that is right for them at that instance. Presenting them evidence – Artwork, Trailers, Synopses – that authentically represents each title and resonates with the member is essential to this effort.
Getting this evidence just right for each title is a tall order but our creative strategists, art designers, and video editors are masters of this. Perhaps a more unique aspect of Netflix is that these teams deeply leverage data to inform their decision making as they go about creative tasks like designing artwork & cutting trailers or clips. This is made possible because Netflix UI is a thriving learning machine where Artwork & Video assets are personalized via reinforcement learning.
Given this data & insights rich landscape, we are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to build new algorithmic products in this space. You will use world-class engineering and machine learning techniques on real-world, internal and external big data to directly impact creative production in a multi-modal setting (image, text, audio and video).
What you will do in this role:
• You will Independently develop ML and deep learning models in a multi-modal setting (image, text, audio and video).
• Drive solutions to increase the team's ML model portfolio while navigating an ambiguous problem space.
• Partner with engineers, creatives, and researchers in a two-way exchange of ideas and best practices.
• Communicate results to a variety of audiences, technical and non-technical.
• Enact Netflix values in daily work and interactions.
• MS or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, or related field. PhD is a plus.
• 5+ years of experience as a hands-on expert-level practitioner of machine learning and leading large ML initiatives across cross-functional teams in multiple organizations.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to translate business context and intuition into data-oriented hypotheses to drive impact.
• Strong coding experience (e.g. Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow).
• Passion for and an appreciation of the entertainment industry is definitely a plus.
• The Netflix culture resonates with you.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d281p2-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.