About the team
Collaboration and Reporting Infrastructure (CRI) is an engineering-only team and one of four teams within the Media Cloud Engineering group. CRI builds and maintains scalable infrastructure to support collaboration and reporting use cases across the diverse and complex set of workflows required by the content production and promotion process. Our services free up application engineering teams to enable innovation in the content production space, provide a seamless experience to their business stakeholders and make accurate information available to help inform business decisions. Enabling effective collaboration among business users and artists is critical to our success.
The Media Cloud Engineering (MCE) group provides highly available infrastructure for content production and processing across all Netflix productions and licensed content. Infrastructure pieces like massive scale media processing platforms (1, 2), workflows (conductor), media asset management, collaboration, reporting, data processing are some of the key services we build. All this is custom built on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
About the role
We are looking for a senior backend engineer to help us maintain and improve our current suite of products and build the future of collaboration solutions for our stakeholders and business users. In this role you will have the opportunity to drive direction, own development end-to-end, manage stakeholder relationships, provide actionable feedback and insights to colleagues, and create technical solutions at scale. We are looking for a problem solver that delivers maintainable, performant and predictable experiences.
You'll be successful in this role if you:
• Enjoy collaborating with teammates and technical partners across functional teams and have excellent communication skills
• Take end-to-end ownership of major features and components: from inception to deployment
• Have strong demonstrable knowledge in Backend languages (ex. Java, Go, Python, Ruby)
• Build testable, highly-available applications and services with monitoring and alerting
• Are excited about learning new technologies
• Experience with REST-ful APIs for internal and external products
• Passionate about teaching and empowering your colleagues and stakeholders
• Experience with technologies like Spring, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch
• Building cloud applications (ex. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3k8k-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.