Senior Software Engineer, Studio Technology
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix Original shows and films are produced around the world and watched by more than 190 million accounts globally, reaching new audiences every day. We aim to give content creators the opportunity to bring their most visionary ideas to life and create joy for our members around the world through innovative storytelling.
The Production Management Data Science & Engineering team supports the operational and logistical side of the Studio, developing tools for Netflix teams managing content production around the world. We apply data science, analytics, and engineering to support Netflix's continued growth in production, all with the goal of empowering decision-makers throughout the Studio. Our team consists of Analytics Engineers and Data Engineers who work directly with business partners to develop analytic tools, define core metrics, identify new data sources, deliver statistical insights, and more. This blog post describes more about the area and some of the exciting problems we're working on, along with an interview with one of our team's very own Senior Analytics Engineers!
We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer who can help us solve new problems in the production space, working directly with Netflix Studio teams to enable data-driven decisions as they plan and manage productions around the world.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer in this space, you will…
• Be a strategic partner for Production teams: define critical analytical problems and find innovative solutions with data
• Drive the direction of your work, developing solutions that span from scrappy code and prototype tools to high-visibility dashboards and analyses for Studio leadership
• Spearhead the creation of metrics that provide insight and impact decision-making
• Collaborate with Data Engineers to source data from new systems and strengthen our foundational data models
• Partner with Product Managers to integrate analytical insights into Production applications
• A strong communicator who can develop and deepen strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Enthusiastic about innovating, learning, and creating your own roadmap for new opportunities in your domain
• A senior analytics professional with a proven track record of data wrangling, analysis, reporting, and visualization
• Familiar with ETL and data warehousing best practices
• Proficient in core concepts in predictive and statistical modeling
• An expert in a data-oriented programming language (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Scala, etc.)
• Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way, working alongside smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence decision-making in a fast paced, exciting environment. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that an inclusive work environment builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.