Netflix series and films are produced around the world and watched by more than 200 million accounts globally, reaching new audiences every day. We aim to give content creators the opportunity to bring their most visionary ideas to life and create joy for our members around the world through innovative storytelling.
The Production Management Data Science & Engineering team supports the operational and logistical side of the Studio, developing tools for Netflix teams managing content production around the world. We apply data science, analytics, and engineering to support Netflix's continued growth in production and empower decision-makers throughout the Studio. Our team consists of Analytics Engineers and Data Engineers who work directly with business partners to develop analytic tools, define core metrics, identify new data sources, deliver statistical insights, and more. This blog post describes some of the exciting problems we work on, and here's an interview with one of our team's very own Senior Analytics Engineers!
We're looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer based in our London or Amsterdam office to help solve new problems in the production space and enable data-driven decisions as Studio teams plan and manage productions around the world. You will be among the first Netflix Data Science and Engineering hires outside of the US, serving as a trusted partner for regional Studio leadership and providing a key voice in shaping the growth of our team around the world.
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way, working alongside smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence decision-making in a fast paced, exciting environment. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that an inclusive work environment builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer in this space, you will…
• Be a strategic partner for Production teams: identify critical analytical problems and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to find innovative solutions with data
• Drive the direction of your work, developing solutions that span from scrappy code and prototype tools to high-visibility dashboards and analyses for Studio leadership
• Spearhead the creation of new metrics that impact decision-making
• Collaborate with Data Engineers to source data from new systems and strengthen our foundational data models
• Become a regional expert on all things Studio Data Science & Engineering, helping educate and connect regional offices to existing data solutions
• A strong communicator who can develop and deepen strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. You have experience partnering closely with executive leadership, with a proven track record of influencing strategic decisions through data.
• Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process. You connect the dots across business needs and independently drive projects forward.
• A senior analytics professional with extensive experience across data wrangling, analysis, reporting, and visualization.
• An expert in a data-oriented programming language (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Scala, etc.) and intuitive dashboard/visualization design (e.g. Tableau)
• Proficient in ETL and data warehousing best practices and familiar with core statistics concepts
• Adept at working across different cultures on a globally-distributed team, with core working hours in the Central European and GMT time zones
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmmvo-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.