We're looking for an analytics minded data scientist or engineer who knows how to develop compelling data products with a strong visual focus and is great at nurturing partnerships with stakeholders.
Netflix entertains the world. Our 200+ million members stream award-winning content from 190 countries. Every one of these streams is served from our custom-built content delivery network, Open Connect, which comprises over 18,000 servers installed in over 5,000 sites across the world. In order to deliver a great experience to our members, we partner with over 2,000 ISPs globally to embed these servers in their networks. Understanding how we can deepen relationships with our ISP partners and how to manage the growth of Open Connect requires great data and actionable insights. It also requires that data be easily accessible by the teams at Netflix who are engaged with our ISP partners so they can build better strategies suited to their particular needs.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer you will join the team of Analytics Engineers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists who partner with Open Connect to build tools that help make better decisions using data. You will work closely with the teams in Open Connect who are responsible for managing ISP relationships and planning for future growth, to understand where data and insights can deliver value. You will design metrics, build tools to explore data, and work with our Data Engineering partners to develop production grade data pipelines. You will also work closely with the larger data and analytics organization to drive adoption of analytics standards and to ensure that Open Connect benefits from Netflix-wide analytics platform initiatives.
What you bring
• Passion for using data to help guide strategic decision making.
• You know how to tell stories using metrics and data.
• You can execute compelling data visualizations with dashboard tools like Looker or Tableau.
• Experience building data pipelines and ETL in languages like SQL and workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
• Fluency with at least one analytics and scripting language like Python or R
• You build strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues to tackle big, cross-functional problems
• A good product sense: you know how to get at what our partners need and how to develop solutions to satisfy those needs
• Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences
• Comfort with ambiguity: ability to thrive with minimal oversight and process
Netflix's culture is key to our success. We celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams, and we approach inclusion equally seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more about our work, visit our research page.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d815nx-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.