Head Of Technical Program Management, Platform Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
We are looking for an experienced Security leader to come join our newly formed Security product and Partnerships team. This position is at the nexus of a very wide scope of interactions with our internal Netflix teams, and with external partners who distribute and sell Netflix on our behalf. You will be chartered to define our new Security product framework, and evolve it based on our engagement model learnings, and business metrics results.
In this role, you will need a very strong security and engineering background, but equally strong leadership and business experience, so as to champion our new Security Engagement model internally with our Product, Engineering, Partnership and Business Development teams, and externally with the Strategy and Executive teams of our business and technology partners.
Over the last few years, Netflix has partnered with over 100 industry platforms, Consumer Electronics manufacturers and Operators to integrate our service on their devices and offer Netflix streaming to nearly 200 Million households worldwide. Over the course of that global expansion, the depth of collaboration with these partners has also grown to cover integrated payments solutions, integrated product offerings (bundles), catalog agregation, voice interactions… Enabling these experiences requires ever increasing security precautions, yet nimble enough to maintain business agility.
In order to contain the increasing complexity of our security requirements, and better adapt these requirements to an evolving industry, a heightened fraud risk, and an increasing number of partners, we are creating a new ''Security Product and Partnerships'' team, who will be tasked with defining our Security product framework, and engage with those who will use it, both internally and externally, to evolve it over time and balance strong security with clarity and efficiency of engagement.
As one of the very first members of the team, you will help refine our mission, and build strong foundations.
We are part of the larger Device & Content Security organization, which collaborates with device partners and Technology vendors to improve security across the industry. To learn more about Device & Content Security at Netflix, check out this episode of the WeAreNetflix podcast.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
• A strategic understanding of the streaming ecosystem, its exposure to security threats, as well as industry actors who play a role in our Netflix service security
• Very strong communication skills, and an ability to translate detailed technical concepts or business imperatives whenever required
• Track record in managing highly complex cross functional initiatives spanning technology, product definition, partner engagement, business development
• Ability to manage uncertainty, make prompt judgement calls, while creating a new engagement model around security
• Anchoring assessments in data, and being able to articulate hypothesis for raising the bar of our security product
• A demonstrated ability to lead without authority, unafraid to take responsibility in order to decrease complexity for others, yet always providing visibility and context
• A superb agility to change course when needed, curiosity as we evolve our business, creativity as we define solutions that scale, and rigor to mandate 'just enough' security
• Have a natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, and self-directed
Experience (Must Have):
• An engineering degree with hands on experience designing and delivering internet-scale, enterprise-wide information security technology products and capabilities
• Cyber Security background and experience
• Demonstrated successful record in defining product roadmaps
• Tech savvy who loves to stay on top of industry trends
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and experience collaborating with external partners, at highest levels of executive leadership
• Ability to push ideas and influence decision making in a collaborative manner
• Willingness to travel globally as needed by the role, up to 10-15% of the time, in order to champion security with Netflix teams and global partners
Experience (A Plus):
• An MBA or similar master's degree
• Experience negotiating and drafting partnership agreements focused on product delivery
• Experience as a Product manager, collecting product requirements, creating a roadmap, communicating a vision
• Experience with privacy concerns and safeguarding users' data
• Experience working in cyber/tech startups, on cutting edge security concepts
• Experience working in a multicultural environment, with geographically distributed teams