Research Scientist (L5) - Globalization
At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world by connecting our members to an extensive library of stories from all over the globe. We are revolutionizing international storytelling as we deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to 200+ million members across 190+ countries in 30+ languages.
The Globalization Data Science and Engineering team is at the forefront of removing language barriers and providing a stellar member experience to all our members regardless of their language preferences. We are responsible for the translation and cultural adaptation of all aspects of member interaction, including beautiful localized user interfaces, subtitles, and dubbing of award-winning Netflix originals.
We are looking for an experienced Research Scientist to develop algorithms that power high quality localization at scale. In this rare opportunity, you will have the chance to conduct cutting-edge Machine Learning (ML) research to help enhance localization and global entertainment at Netflix. You will partner with a talented cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, product managers, and domain experts to deliver business impact.
• Research, develop and productize cutting-edge ML and Deep Learning (DL) algorithms in a multi-modal setting
• Partner closely with other ML scientists and engineers to integrate work into business applications
• Act as domain expert and thought leader in identifying new research opportunities with significant business impact
• Present your research to all levels of the company clearly and concisely
• Proven track record of conducting cutting-edge ML and DL research in relevant fields, demonstrated by publications in top-tier conferences or journals
• MS or PhD in ML, Computer Science or related fields
• Familiarity with common ML and DL frameworks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
• Comfortable with ambiguity; able to take ownership, and thrive with minimal oversight and process
• Netflix culture resonates with you
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $700,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0j226-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.