Partner Engagement Manager - SEA
Netflix, one of the world's leading entertainment services, is looking for a strategic policy lead, focused on content, to join its growing public policy team. The focus of this role will be to help develop and implement strategy and thinking around sensitive content. This role will require a deep understanding of both the entertainment and policy landscape and an ability to bring together creative expression and complex cultural and societal norms. We are looking for someone who can think creatively, work cross functionally, develop clear solutions, and is eager to learn.
This role will include:
• Working cross-functionally to identify, address, and strategize around cultural and societal challenges that impact content creation
• Providing local, regional, and global context to creative teams allowing them to seamlessly navigate through the creative process from concept to premiere.
• Navigating potential policy issues that arise from content, and developing creative solutions to resolve those issues
• Supporting the development of market research and insights, particularly as it impacts local content sensitivities and sensibilities
• Utilizing research and other sources that will allow Netflix to classify and understand content in local and global market contexts
• Acting as point of contact for other teams (content, communications, marketing, legal, security, product, etc.) to support the policy and content teams
The successful candidate will at a minimum:
• Hold at least a bachelor, preferably master, in Political Science, Law, Film, Media or similar fields
• Have substantial experience in the entertainment industry, particularly content
• Have a strong understanding of regional sensitivities and their application in the content landscape
• Have excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical, strategic and creative capabilities and judgment
• Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment
• Have at least 10 years' professional experience
• Be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary
• Be a strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities skillfully
• Be thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities
• Have experience in managing multiple projects on tight deadlines and execute rapidly
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. Read our blog and culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxqz3-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.