Manager, Production Management - Cee
Netflix is releasing content at a pace and scale unlike any studio or broadcast channel in history: All around the world, at the same time, all episodes at once, for over 208 million members. With so many different titles to choose, across such a range of tastes and cultural standards, our members need the information and context to be able to tell at glance that what they're watching is appropriate for their household.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help classify and rate Netflix's rapidly growing catalog of original content. It will require deep-level movie and TV expertise, an understanding of content policies and cultural sensitivities all over the world, operational aptitude to enforce those policies, and skill for creating great Internet products. The work you do in this role will directly affect how our members decide what to watch.
Within the Editorial Creative team, you will serve as a trusted consultant to Content on new movies and shows, working with our in-house content analysis and classification teams to assign accurate maturity ratings and advisories. You will collaborate with Public Policy and Comms to ensure that regional and cultural content sensitivities for these titles are reflected properly. In the broader Product organization, you will partner with Consumer Insights, Globalization, and Engineering to execute on our overall maturity ratings strategy.
• Vet upcoming slates of titles' ratings for accurate maturity ratings, content advisories, and local sensitivities
• Communicate ratings information and rationale to Content and Comms, especially for high-profile titles
• Consult with Metadata Analysts on the factors that go into rating titles
• Advise on the appropriateness of trailers, imagery, and other supplemental materials
• Manage projects related to locally relevant and scalable output of maturity ratings and content advisories, including but not limited to title classification, rule management, board submissions, and quality assessment.
• Identify where ratings requirements of regulatory bodies and consumer expectations around content sensitivities can be addressed via workflows, processes, or tooling.
• Draft documentation that describes problem, scope, and product requirements needed to execute strategic ratings initiatives.
• Liaise between multiple function areas, conveying expectations around requirements, priorities, costs/benefits, risks, and efficiencies.
• Develop subject matter expertise and train partners and teammates on ratings tools and workflows
• Assist with limited, ad hoc data needs in the region, ensuring accurate communication of conclusions and caveats.
• 5+ years in relevant fields, such as Content Classification, Content Moderation, Content Strategy, Standards & Practices, Crisis Response, Policy/Legal Operations, Trust & Safety
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with several partners and cross-functional stakeholders.
• Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
• Consistent record of developing and implementing processes and solutions for a high volume of content at a global scale.
• An aptitude for analyzing trends in data, both qualitative and quantitative, to gain and communicate insights in a digestible manner.
• Demonstrated data fluency; comfortable with large datasets, constructing queries, designing data visualizations and extracting meaning from your analysis.
• Experience working with databases, information management systems, keywords/metadata, and/or rule-based categorization models.
• Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznz47-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.