London, United Kingdom
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Are you deeply knowledgeable about the world of animation? Are you motivated by seeing your PR strategy have a direct impact on the overall business goals? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our Originals Publicity team and work on our growing Animated Films & Series initiative could be the job for you
Fueled by the broad appeal of instantly being able to enjoy unlimited films, series, documentaries and kids and family entertainment, Netflix has grown to more than 204 million streaming members in over 190 countries. This is a great opportunity to join a team that is devising and delivering publicity campaigns for Netflix's Animated Films & Series - titles that appeal to kids and families globally and to work with some of the most exciting and creative people in the business. Read our culture to learn more about how we work at Netflix.
The Publicity Manager, Kids & Family Animation will be based in London and will work as part of the Originals Publicity team to formulate and implement strategies across Europe, Middle East and Africa for the growing slate of Netflix Original Animation Films & Series. The position will provide a critical link between countries in EMEA and globally in promoting Kids & Family Animation content on the service. The ideal candidate is not just an Animation publicist but a Netflix publicist, representing and understanding our brand and vision. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic.
This leader will:
• Be a strong advocate for Kids & Family Animation across the region;
• Play a critical role connecting with the regional publicity, awards and content teams around the world and communicating with filmmakers, talent and production company partners during production up to and following launch;
• Focus on creating big moments for Kids & Family Animation in EMEA and high impact campaigns for Films and Series coming from outside and within EMEA;
• Create and collate title publicity opportunities regionally and sometimes globally;
• Understand the animation industry, family audience and film market;
• Be intellectually curious about entertainment, animation and technology, and bring that knowledge to their campaigns and messaging;
• Think strategically, take the initiative and deliver bold, innovative and fun campaigns that drive conversions locally and regionally;
• Be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial;
• Like being scrappy and want to dive in and be really hands-on;
• Be eager to learn and to handle a significant workload;
• Have excellent judgement and be able to make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity;
• Enjoy working autonomously and in an environment that prioritises context over control.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
• A Kids & Family entertainment expert with 10-15+ years of experience;
• Proven relationships across EMEA consumer & trade press as well as worldwide animation press;
• Experience of talent and partner relations and the ability to convince our creative partners of the best communications approach;
• Experience working closely on Consumer Product campaigns to support titles is a plus;
• Comfortable working with teams around the world, ideally working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets;
• Experience and/or knowledge of Award campaigns (AMPAS & BAFTA) as well as key EMEA festivals, i.e. Annecy.