Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented public relations executive with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading!
About the Role
We are looking to hire a creative self-starter who loves entertainment, especially Japanese Content. You will have a deep understanding of how to develop strategic publicity campaigns, the ability to work well with anyone, anywhere, and be excited by creative single/multiple title storytelling, and innovative campaigns that spark impactful conversations about Japanese Content - from anime to live action.
Reporting to Publicity team leaders for Japan, the role requires the ability to build and maintain strong rapport with external stakeholders such as talent management companies, filmmakers, showrunners, IP holders (often publishers), production partners and such. It also requires the ability to become a strong cross functional partner to Content, Content Legal, Photo and A/V Studio, Marketing/IP, Editorial and Publishing, Awards, and other groups.
• Identify titles that will drive the business in Japan
• Set strategy & execute publicity campaigns for Japanese Content by working closely with cross-functional counterparts locally
• Continue to build strong relationships with talent management companies and other key external stakeholders
• Explore and continuously build strong relationships with key media outlets, journalists, and influencers
• Run campaigns across earned media channels, including broadcast, print and online to maximize title promotion
• Create cultural moments and high impact campaigns, with an emphasis on trying new and innovative ways to promote titles
• Formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into the process successfully
• Act as the point of contact of showrunner/filmmaker, production partners, and talent reps to discuss the publicity strategy for the title -- also working with requests and approvals for campaigns assets including photography, glam, interviews, BTS, clips, and other AV materials
• Act as the informed captain to coordinate set visits, talent tours, virtual junkets, and any other interview opportunities
• Develop useful and impactful press materials in support of the campaign for media use
• Set and implement screening strategy
• Manage publicity agencies
The candidate must:
• Have at least 8 years of experience in PR/marketing within the entertainment industry
• Understand Japan's entertainment landscape and stakeholders (studios, production partners, talent reps, etc)
• Love entertainment and be excited to deliver stories that showcase Japanese content to people all over the world
• Have a strong network of relationships with showrunners and partners
• Be an all-rounder with an ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organization across different time zones
• Be a self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out new/innovative campaigns
• Has a strong bias-to-action and can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes
• Fluency in Japanese is a must, business proficiency in English is an advantage
• To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• An independent thinker with the ability for innovation and new ideas, making the leap from information to insight
• Effective communicator and writer (we love debates and memos)
• Flourishes in a 'hands-on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong in detail and highly organized.
The Netflix culture attracts talents who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read our culture memo (available in Japanese). If it resonates with you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y0ym-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.