Los Gatos, CA
It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment, bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide. To support our global expansion, we are looking for a Project Controls Manager to help support our corporate and studio construction projects across the globe. This position will be based in Los Angeles or Los Gatos, California and will report to the Global Director of Design & Construction based in Los Angeles.
As part of the Real Estate & Workplace team, you will work closely with project managers and project stakeholders to successfully lead all aspects of project controls and business operations for the design and construction group. You will help achieve business and project goals through the implementation of a standardized project control methodology. You will also manage and oversee budgeting, process improvement, financial controls for the design and construction group.
Netflix is the world's leading digital entertainment service. As we expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to help us scale. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Responsible for gathering and reporting on business metrics, performing financial and business studies, developing processes and standards to streamline the overall design and construction business operations.
• Implement the cost control and reporting program and deliverables to be used on large scale capital projects.
• In partnership with corporate finance, develop, implement, and maintain cost reports, cash flows and forecasts for assigned projects; including the evaluation of actual and forecasted costs against budgets and detailed analysis.
• Ensure all project purchase orders are raised when required. Support the project managers to improve data quality for PO requests and improve efficiency of PO request/approval process.
• Work closely with project managers to ensure alignment of schedule milestone delivery and schedule/cost change impacts.
• Provide high level project control updates to project leadership, finance partners and senior management.
• Prepares, reviews and monitors data reports including monthly budget reporting, invoice and contracts, spend to date and other business metrics.
• Supervise the setup and support of project controls for large construction projects.
• Supervise weekly/monthly budget reviews with project managers and attend monthly project cost reviews.
• Supervises the review, auditing, and processing of project related invoices.
• In conjunction with Legal, supervise the processing of all project related contracts and change orders.
• Supervise the accrual and forecast reporting including detailed management reports and support of monthly reporting.
• Train and enable staff and provide leadership in analyzing project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team and stakeholders to inform corrective actions.
• In coordination with other departments, compiles and reviews business statistics/data and adds commentary to complete analysis by requested deadlines.
• Interface with project stakeholders as a trusted advisor to provide guidance for the project.
• Acts as liaison and/or resource between project managers and finance/accounting groups
• Provide ad hoc controls and business reporting, as required.
• Provides formal supervision to individual employees.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business. In lieu of education, additional relevant experience will be considered.
• 15 years of project controls experience in the design and construction environment; with at least 5 years leading a team.
• At least 5 years of experience leading a team.
• Direct experience working on teams within a complex matrix environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage with a variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Self Starter, strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively prepare and present information.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
• Ability to prioritize and work through ambiguity to develop successful strategies.
• Familiarity with Google Office Suite and Microsoft Excel a must.