Product Manager - Machine Learning Platform
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is seeking an experienced Program Manager, embedded in the Globalization Creative Practices team. The Globalization team is responsible for the creation, translation and cultural adaptation of the content that Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. This role is focused on maintaining editorial and language style guides and developing a comprehensive strategy for documentation management to help our teams communicate with members in an effective, consistent and authentic voice.
About Globalization Creative Practices
Our team sets and maintains creative excellence frameworks for writing and language teams through robust editorial guidance, scalable workflows and quality methodologies, across all content types and languages, source and localized.
This role will report to the Creative Practices Manager, who is based in Los Gatos, CA. The role can be co-located in Netflix Los Gatos or Los Angeles office, or remote. Applicants who are not based in California will be expected to align with PST working hours and some travel to our California offices will be required.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge base from disparate-style documents. This will require appropriate information architecture and article taxonomy.
• Maintain and co-author editorial, language, and translation guidelines for all components of the Globalization team-including source writing for synopses, subtitles, marketing and product. You'll work with writers, linguists and subject matter experts to draft and incorporate style guides and updates, set a cadence for updates and reviews, and ensure that updates are executed consistently.
• Create and/or maintain training resources to support new and ongoing projects.
• Work with subject matter experts to gather input and review suggestions from internal and cross-functional stakeholders. This includes guidelines and best practices for new types of writing about shows, films and games on Netflix.
• Develop and conduct continuous quality control systems including regular audits of knowledge base content.
• 5+ years of experience in digital information management, editing and/or publishing
• Meticulous and highly organized task/project management skills
• Experience managing a content management system or knowledge base with multiple subject matter experts
• A history of strong editorial judgment and a passion for inclusive language and linguistic precision
• Experience authoring and/or editing training materials
• Proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and tool development
• Eagerness to embrace a culture of candid feedback
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000 - $350,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb2e8k-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $80,000 to $350,000 Per Year ($ USD)