Senior Messaging UI Engineer
Remote / Virtual
The Netflix Production Support (NPS) team helps solve the many technical support scenarios that occur when running a global technology driven studio. As Netflix continues to develop amazing original content and build the world's most technology-driven studio, the drive to innovate around solutions, logistics, scheduling, and software grows. Simply put, our goal is to provide our productions with tools superior to anything else out there and support the effort to create the most productive and creative studio the world has ever seen.
As a Netflix Production Support team manager, you will play a critical role in managing a team of highly skilled technical support specialists. You will be expected to show strong leadership skills and partner effectively with our fellow cross functional teams and stakeholders to help drive your team to provide world class support, documentation, and innovative ideas that will shape the future of the technology Netflix studios utilize. You'll do this by managing a Netflix Production Support team (NPS) that is part of a global support team for our studio technology. The team ensures an exceptional experience for our users by providing support to critical studio software, coordinating support to address any issue that comes up and helping studio product design teams solve challenges with our underlying technology applications as an advocate for the users that they support. Your top priorities will be managing issues, business to business relationships, coaching, mentoring, and leading team members with the ultimate goal of driving improvements in the Netflix studio applications and overall user experience.
Who You Are:
• You have 3+ years of experience managing a team of software/application support specialists, preferably in an international environment working with people from multiple backgrounds and cultures.
• You have at least 3+ years of experience in a technical research or support engineer role helping to determine the root cause of technical issues. Previous experience and knowledge of studio productions is a plus.
• You have experience supporting micro services, Enterprise Level Google Suite and Admin, Cloud, SaaS, and/or SSO based software.
• You have a comprehension of codecs and data transfer protocols with knowledge of digital file specs and size formats.
• You have experience working with software support tools such as Zendesk, JIRA, and Confluence or similar products.
• You have a strong background in software support, technical applications usage, technical troubleshooting, and consider yourself a technology-driven thought leader.
• You are always on the lookout for opportunities to improve tasks, user experiences, and deliver cohesive ideas around innovative support strategies and application design considerations.
• You are innovative and able to collaborate with internal partners to provide highly effective solutions to their problems, cutting out complexity, and getting teams back to being productive.
• You have strong communication skills to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively. You love to document and define new support solutions.
• You are proficient with phone and computer-based support solutions.
• You thrive in an innovative culture where you work well with autonomy, ambiguity and adapt to change
• You can relate to many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture and love to operate independently and as a team member while collaborating and giving/receiving robust and candid feedback to your team members.
What Will You be Doing:
• You will be the primary manager for a team of Netflix Production Support Specialists.
• You will contribute to our overall working environment and culture, where expressing your thoughts and sharing your feedback is a part of your every day.
• You will contribute to growing a diverse and inclusive culture by encouraging an open minded and supportive environment.
• You will be a subject matter expert on all responsibilities maintained by your team and constantly seek to be current and improve that knowledge.
• You will work with key stakeholders from various departments ensuring that all needs are met.
• You will compose documents and reports on your team's performance and current issues impacting our studio production teams.
• You will oversee all aspects of the escalation process, systems outage management, support for studio product development, and working hands on with these functions as needed.
• You will coach and develop your team to identify areas of focus and opportunity within their performance and our culture.
• You will drive ownership and coordinate daily activities and projects, including knowledge base content updates, bug triage prioritization, and customer facing outage management.
• You will drive team performance to expose friction and reliability concerns within the products and processes that also drive pain for our production teams.
• You will provide support for new training and process rollouts.
Netflix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic makeup, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55xz0-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.