Program Manager, Creative Sciences
Los Angeles, CA
Production Support Engineer, Studio Infrastructure (Animation)
Our mission at Netflix is to entertain the world. We strive to bring joy to every one of our members. To make the many kinds of original content that have become synonymous with our brand, Netflix is building the largest creative studio in the world. Something at this scale has never been done before and many groups at Netflix are pitching in to contribute. The Studio Infrastructure team is doing their part by building infrastructure applications that empower the Netflix visual effects, animation, and post-production teams who operate globally. For us this isn't just about solving tough problems. It's about sparking artist joy.
Netflix is a global company and we're building a globally distributed studio to make more of our own content. Producing content at scale is a complicated creative process that involves many steps taken by many creative and operational teams. When these teams are scattered across the globe, it's the infrastructure, tooling, and automation we provide that keeps them connected, creating, and sharing. To be successful, we strive to support the creative process and stay out of the artist's way.
We believe a big part of our ability to spark artist joy comes from fostering inclusion and building diversity within our own team. Our team is made up of Engineers who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. We believe the plurality of experience, opinions, and skills within our team is what makes us succeed in our own mission.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Production Support Engineer who enjoys unblocking artists with excellent consultative support. Given the nascent state and global ambitions of the Netflix Animation Studio, this role has the opportunity to shape workflows and infrastructure to enable a global artist population.
As a Member of Our Team You Will:
• Diagnose and problem-solve immediate issues for Animation and VFX artists spanning applications (both native and third-party), operating system and network layers.
• Combine your knowledge of studio production, and hands on experience, with your empathy for our artists to identify new areas of technical opportunity.
• Work cross-functionally with Netflix's first and second tier support teams to share knowledge and best practices in order to scale the artist experience.
• Liaise with third-party solution providers to both to escalate immediate issues and advocate for feature requests.
• You have 3+ years experience working in a production or post-production environment.
• You have a working knowledge of VFX or Animation pipelines, systems, and tools, such as Flix, Shotgun, Foundry Nuke, RV, Maya.
• Experience with MacOS, Windows and/or Linux system administration and networking, while knowledge of shared storage and remote streaming desktop protocols is a plus.
• Communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
• Experience working on an internationally distributed team is a plus.
For more information on what it's like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our culture memo!