Full Time Job
Production Safety Manager - EMEA
- Full Time
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 183 million members in over 190 countries. With our increasing slate of originals, it's a great time to join Netflix. The Netflix Amsterdam Production Safety Manager candidate will support our health & safety function within Netflix's Original Productions across all of our verticals and in particular our Local Language Originals across the region. This role is responsible for health and safety consulting for Netflix productions and studio facilities. Reporting into the Global Manager of Production Safety, this role partners closely with regional Production Management, Legal, and Risk Management teams.
• Provides health & safety consulting services to Netflix's global productions - focusing primarily on EMEA Local Language Original productions across the region
• Building a safety program from the ground up to ensure safety needs are met while understanding the nuance of local production practices.
• Assess gaps and opportunities for regional production safety needs, internally and externally.
• Contributes to the development of Global Production Safety Guidelines,while advocating for the local requirements within the EMEA region.
• Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks as required.
• Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Managers and other production staff
• Works directly with the Production in their planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, recommending appropriate vendors, and overseeing high risk activities, as needed.
• Evaluates production plans for safety issues
• Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in their implementation
• Proactive in the coordination of discussions surrounding production issues and concerns relating to safety
• Investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
• Oversees production employee health & safety training by third party Production companies
• Works independently without direct management supervision
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
• Professional fluency in written and spoken English, French, Arabic, Italian, and/or Turkish an advantage
• Professional safety qualifications are an asset but not essential
• An interest in and understanding of the importance of health & safety and/or production safety
• Understanding of motion picture and television production (scripted and unscripted) process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
• Knowledge of EMEA and international health & safety and environmental regulations, vendors and safety consultancies
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Travel internationally
• Learn quickly and adjust to rapidly changing environments
• Solutions-based mindset
• Work collaboratively with a diverse groups of people to assess and develop bespoke safety needs on productions in local region
• Determine the applicable regulations in countries where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
• Quickly recognize and resolve various production safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
• Demonstrate leadership with all subjects relating to safety
• Interact with regulatory agencies, company management, productions, and studio personnel