This is your chance to make an impact with a team that is transforming entertainment through original local language programming like series To The Lake and Sexify. These shows are changing the perception of what great content is, where it comes from, and how it can be enjoyed and celebrated around the world. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 200+ million streaming members globally.
It's a great time to join Netflix!
The Manager for Local Language Originals covering Russia/CEE will be instrumental in creating and implementing the goals and the strategy of the EMEA Production Finance team for Russia and our markets in the CEE region.
i) providing valuable insight and guidance to best execute and protect Netflix investments
ii) managing the financial life-cycle of productions from Development through Delivery
iii) providing comprehensive and current market intelligence
iv) providing innovative financial solutions to facilitate smarter and more timely decisions internally within the content/production teams, and externally on the productions.
• Work effectively and decisively within the Netflix team to manage the production companies who are producing Netflix local content.
• Stay closely aligned with the Content, Business and Legal Affairs, Production Management, Post Production and VFX teams to manage cost controls and the production processes.
• Provide production related problem solving and be able to function within a dynamic environment
• Skilled in estimating and analysing financial documents
• Oversee timely and comprehensive budgeting and cost reporting throughout the life-cycle of a production to ensure proper financial management
• Ability to analyse a production budget from overall spend to individual rates, to provide insights for our our producing partners
• Implement best practices of financial controls and cash management for our producing partners
• Knowledge of local production capacity and understanding of financial landscape in these markets
• Work with Studio Finance teams including Tax & Incentives, Financial Planning, Strategy & Analysis and Content Accounting to collaboratively apply expertise towards the business.
• Oversee all Netflix internal financial reporting for the CEE and Russia slates
• Manage cash flow, forecasting, and funding for the slates
• Train and build a stable pool of Production Accountants and Assistant Accountants from which to draw from for future productions
• 10+ years financial executive experience working within the media sector
• University degree in accounting or finance preferred
• Fluency in Russian and English; additional language(s) preferred
• Knowledge of Russian & CEE-based production finance setups
• Strong understanding of all of the financial elements needed to bring an original production to life. An ideal candidate needs to be familiar with everything included in a production budget
• Strong budgeting, production accounting, and accounting software experience
• An understanding of the production process from Development to Delivery, is key. There is an emphasis on production in Production Finance
• Broad understanding of regional financial production practices and government regulations as related to film production
• Understanding of local payroll, tax, banking, and invoicing processes
• Understanding of production service/commissioning contracts is a plus
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• College degree in accounting or finance is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqomj1-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.