At Netflix, we are shaping the future of global entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our members need our help from time to time, and that's where our Customer Service (CS) organization focuses; providing amazing interactions with our subscribers around the world.
Our goal is excellence, simplicity and getting our members back to streaming. Netflix is looking for a talented Product Reliability Engineer to join our Product Reliability & Support Operations (PRSO) team within our Customer Service organization in Los Gatos, California.
The PRSO team is the bridge between Customer Service and our partners in Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other business functions. We seek to ensure the best experience for our members and CS agents, championing their needs across Netflix through data-driven storytelling to enhance product innovation and resiliency efforts. Product Reliability Engineers (PREs) are aligned by functional areas and lead issue monitoring, alerting, analysis, and establish workflows to ensure services are working optimally for our customers. We seek deep technical expertise, advocates for the customer/agent experience, data-savvy influencers, and great communicators.
You will be a key advocate for how we handle issues, and you will use your skillset to help the business contextualize and understand how to support and solve problems.
• Develop cross-functional, collaborative relationships across Customer Service and Engineering teams, as well as other product development teams as needed.
• Research, analyze, and diagnose complicated technical issues through leveraging backend systems and logging.
• Prioritize, communicate, and drive resolution on technical issues; participate in periodic oncall rotations; lead active incident management and post-incident learnings.
• Advocate for the customer and agent experiences by exposing friction and reliability concerns within the product.
• Develop operational readiness plans and effectively communicate changes to Escalations and other internal teams through internal Knowledge Base content and other communication channels.
• Advise on troubleshooting steps, issue triage/research, and escalation framework in partnership with the Escalation team.
• Partner with data science and other analytic teams to develop robust monitoring and alert detection systems that aid in expediting issue identification.
• Work with big data sets to identify, analyze, visualize trends.
• You possess product reliability experience, or similar support engineering background, with hands-on expertise and a passion for driving the right resolution for technical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze a variety of data points (qualitative and quantitative) and whittle that information down to the most salient insights for the business.
• Big data experience with extracting (e.g. SQL, Snowflake, Python) and visualizing data (e.g. Tableau)
• Comfortable analyzing various logs and JSON output data formats
• Ability to distill and communicate highly complex issues for a non-technical audience.
• A strong customer focus. Familiarity with the customer service environment is a huge plus.
• Experience in working with global teams across multiple time zones.
• Familiarity with issue ticketing systems (Jira, Zendesk preferred)
• Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: iOS, Android, browser or streaming technologies.
• Role is based in Netflix's headquarters in Los Gatos, California. Willingness to travel is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22k5m-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.