Senior Software Engineer - Open Connect Cloud Platforms
Los Gatos, CA
The Role: Our data-driven culture has allowed us to continuously innovate and provide the best product experience for our members, and we're using a data-driven approach to build the Netflix Studio from the ground up!
A core goal for the Netflix Studio is to enable storytellers from around the world to create world-class content at scale and have a great working experience while doing so. In this role, you will help achieve this goal by working with a team of top-tier scientists and engineers to build products and artist tools based on cutting edge computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics algorithms that assist creative artists working on visual effect (VFX), post-production and animation. In success, these tools will be intuitive to use and partially automate repetitive tasks while giving artists control over the output; thus allowing them to focus on the more creative aspects of their work. You will also work closely with a research team to connect advances in computer vision with opportunities to solve new problems in this space.
You will be part of the Algorithms Product Management team; a diverse and unique group of leaders drawing on a variety of backgrounds to connect cutting edge machine learning to great member experiences and business value. We lead algorithm-centered innovation projects but also partner across the company to enable better data-driven solutions to a variety of business problems. The Algorithms PMs influence, educate, and advocate on tactical product decisions as well as the strategic directions to enable the next slate of great product innovations.
• Lead the development of products and tools powered by computer vision, machine learning and graphics algorithms to increase artist productivity and allow them to focus on the creative aspects of their work.
• Partner closely with business stakeholders and relevant product and engineering teams to integrate work outputs into the content production workflow.
• Partner with the algorithm research team to point them toward business problems that could be well-solved through advancements in the state-of-the-art and then manage the ''technology transfer'' from the resulting work into new products and tools.
• Be an advocate for new technologies with artists and an advocate for artist experience with scientists and engineers working
• Foster an inclusive environment, where all viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged.
• Work with senior management and executives to develop the vision for a data-driven Netflix Studio.
• Think broadly about the Netflix business and contribute to efforts beyond your domain.
• Proven history of contribution to great products that have a significant algorithmic component and strategic ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm development.
• Experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with data scientists, machine learning engineers etc.
• Ability to articulate technical content to diverse non-technical audiences. Ability to partner with people from different parts of the company to ensure that your solutions drive real business impact.
• Ability to prioritize well, manage a portfolio of bigger and smaller bets while balancing short-term goals and long-term vision.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• 4+ years experience in product management with a proven record of successfully launching products, or platforms. Preferably with experience leading enterprise products.
• Proven track record of technical product innovation, identifying new opportunities and building them to scale.
• 4+ years of education and/or industry experience in an area related to computer vision and machine learning
• Post graduate education (MS or PhD) in a applied quantitative field such as : Machine learning, Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering, Economics or Statistics
• Exposure to visual effects (VFX), post-production and animation related products and solutions in the past is a huge plus.
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o94e-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.